Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 05:17 PM

5 posts, read 16,126 times

Advertisements

So I recently got accepted into bronx science which I'm happy about, but I live in Rego Park. How long does it take to get from Rego Park to bronx science by subway? It would obviously be longer by subway than bus, because bronx science also has a private bus, but it costs almost twice as much. Does anyone know what time the bronx science bus comes in the morning and what time it takes you back home? I don't want to have to go home at 5pm. And would you recommend paying for private bus or taking the subway? Also, Im somewhat worried about the safety of bronx's neighborhood. If anyone lives in the bronx or goes to bronx science, can you please help? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 05:21 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,980 times
I would guess about 1.5 hours... You could take the R to the 4, or the M to the D.

If you call the school, I'm sure they could provide more information about transportation.

As you probably know there are discounted metro cards for students:
Student MetroCards - Services and Eligibility - New York City Department of Education

Old 03-12-2014, 05:54 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,089,772 times
i would take their bus. (complicate your life less)

Old 03-12-2014, 06:13 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Call the bus company to ask about the route and times. The Bronx High School of Science

Google maps shows the subway trip to be about 1 hour and 15 minutes -- the R to the 4.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:06 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,082,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcat60 View Post
So I recently got accepted into bronx science which I'm happy about, but I live in Rego Park. How long does it take to get from Rego Park to bronx science by subway? It would obviously be longer by subway than bus, because bronx science also has a private bus, but it costs almost twice as much. Does anyone know what time the bronx science bus comes in the morning and what time it takes you back home? I don't want to have to go home at 5pm. And would you recommend paying for private bus or taking the subway? Also, Im somewhat worried about the safety of bronx's neighborhood. If anyone lives in the bronx or goes to bronx science, can you please help? Thanks
It takes about 35 mins to get to Bronx Science from midtown so just add however long it takes to get to midtown from Rego Park.

The neighborhood isn't bad.Not much there except for Bronx Science and Lehman.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:25 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,131,897 times
The commute is relatively straightforward. You can take the R train to Lexington Avenue and then go down a flight of stairs for the 4 train. The surrounding neighborhood (Bedford Park) is safe.

You can also take the M to the D, but that's likely going to take longer because you're going to the West Side of Manhattan and then going back east in The Bronx. (Also, the walk from the subway is a couple of blocks longer).

Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
congrats by the way, well done on getting into Bronx Science
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: