Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 05:37 AM

4 posts, read 3,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityworker13 View Post
Signed my lease for MAC!!! My apartment is beautiful. The bldg is beautiful. And I was told only city worker pref is being filled now.. Unless another pref is almost complete in the process. There are about 25+ vacant apartments still

Do you know when they will get to the people who live in the district ?? also did they give you a move in date yet I had drove by there yesterday and it looks about ready for people to move in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,577 times
I got called in August for interview and still waiting to hear back every time i call they say they still working on lower numbers. But in the time you wait what if your income change a little from what they saw you for will they ask again for documentation when they call you?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:13 PM

193 posts, read 282,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasia285 View Post
I got called in August for interview and still waiting to hear back every time i call they say they still working on lower numbers. But in the time you wait what if your income change a little from what they saw you for will they ask again for documentation when they call you?

Yes they will ask for updated income information. That's the problem because they take so long to process applications people's incomes can change and then make them ineligible

Old 11-24-2015, 08:19 AM

4 posts, read 3,294 times
Has anyone received approval letter yet ???? I know they are up to nycha Preferences the wait is killing me

Old 11-24-2015, 11:26 AM

193 posts, read 282,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keniesha1 View Post
So they are only doing city preference 1st?? did they say when they will get to the people that live in the district when did they say the move in date was ???
I have no idea every lottery seems to go through preferences differently. Also, I appealed for Soundview Family and never heard back but just let it go because quite frankly I'm not even that interested anymore in living there. I had another interview for another lottery plus I am still waiting to hear from Mother Arnetta Crawford

Old 02-13-2016, 01:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,926 times
I had an interview for the NYCHA preference sorting but honestly after we arrived and discussed everything with the woman there we decided to turn it down. For one, the building is adjacent to the projects which in my opinion will cause a lot of tension between new housing residents and current NYCHA housing residents. And the lack of transport in the area also killed it but we knew that already as I am familiar with the area. But another reason is, they were unable to to tell me if I would be given a two bedroom or a one bedroom and what my rent would be. So I decided to just give up at that point and remain in south BK projects till something else come up lol. I don't like the idea of having to pay for a credit check and the uncertainty of denied along with not knowing my rent price or apartment size for that matter. Anyways, good luck to anyone else out there!

Old 03-19-2016, 02:27 AM

6 posts, read 13,768 times
got call for interview this week.how long it will take to get the apt.any idea

Old 03-19-2016, 08:42 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,544 times
Good luck to everyone, a friend got into one of these and is estastic

Old 03-20-2016, 06:20 PM

6 posts, read 13,768 times
Appreciate if any body describe how is apt condition as well as surrounding area,specially ps and ms school.as I work in night time I hv to know the condition......

Old 03-31-2016, 06:29 PM

436 posts, read 495,714 times
Hi just received email to interview for the soundview family housing. My log number is 1,553. I recently (last week) interviewed for the Prospect Place in Brooklyn and in November interviewed for the Livonia Commons and credit check/employment verification hasn't even been done yet, also in Brooklyn. I'm not sure if I want to go thru with this interview bc for starter I'm not fond of the credit check fee. Second I read ppl got declined bc of their over $2,000 debt, which I am way past over, and third I don't want to go thru the stress and anxiety of waiting for a response for this one as well. I've been calling and harassing the first interview I had for Livonia commons and they just give me the same generic answer, that they are working on preferences first and are going down the list. For the prospect place which I have higher hope for, they said that they will do credit check and employment verification within 1-2 week, so I don't want to go thru the process of this new interview to stress myself out with the waiting. Also the rent for this one is a little more higher than the other two developments. This one has more cons that pros for me, so I think I'm going to turn down the interview. Will discuss it with my husband tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City