Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 02:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,062,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
That's not an accomplishment. If he fixes the MTA, that would be an accomplishment. Paying into a broken system is just foolish. I'd give him more credit if he refused to pay until work rules were amended to affect savings.
MTA, NYDOE and NYCHA are the most broken systems in NYC. Fixing them would be a miracle, yet alone an achievement. But I do agree, pouring money into a black hole is a waste of a penny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 09:07 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,310,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
There's a new camera by Elderts Lane. They plan to lower the speed limit to 30.
They already have in several areas. The times if the day I travel Linden it's difficult to get much past 40 mph. The lights aren't really set up for constant cruising. I haven't had an issue yet. I make sure i'm at 39.9mph

Old 11-15-2015, 05:25 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,679,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Guess folk haven't seen how tough he's getting in the PJs, right?

One can make a theory that under previous mayors, crime was reduced, but remained inside public housing!

Old 11-16-2015, 02:20 AM
BTI

33 posts, read 67,839 times
De Blasio promised to have the most transparent administration in the city's history. What a load of crap. His press secretary is a moron too. But this man has dodged so many important questions from reporters I've watched on the news. And yet, it's easy to see how this city is crumbling at the control by this fool. The man lowers the speed limit to make it seem like his administration actually did something, and then can't even follow the speed limit himself. The man lost the respect of the NYPD (although I don't think Bratton is doing such a great job either) and now, we have cops being killed left and right, and gun violence everywhere, which can be attributed to the removal of stop-and-frisk. Homelessness is certainly more prevalent on the streets too. But where is De Blasio throughout all of this? Well, let's see. When the city was on high terror alert for the 4th of July, he was on vacation to the Southwestern United States. The mayor has traveled extensively throughout his months in office, including his trips to Italy that have cost taxpayer's the price of luxury hotel stays. When the U.S. Women's World Cup parade occurred in NYC, he decided to be on the float and get more attention for something he did nothing for. He was late to the Flight 587 memorial which was completely disrespectful to the other people. The mayor being early to a memorial should not have to be news, but with this guy, anything done correctly is news. And is it too late to mention that $1 million in taxpayer money will be used for de Blasio's re-election bid? I surely hope this guy is out when his term ends, or if we're lucky, before. When only 25% of the city turns out to vote, this is what happens. The city has backtracked to the Dinkins days. Mayor de Blasio deserves his slumping polls.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:44 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,936,774 times
Amusing to observe the conservative trolls.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:29 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,310,242 times
If we get hit again like a 9/11 or a Paris like attack this idiot deBlasio can't even be briefed face to face by the FBI CIA NSA etc... etc...because deBlasio can't qualify for a top secret security clearance because of his known communist ties. The man is a putz.

So in times of chaos and desperation when a Mayors decision making and leadership is needed the most this moron deBlasio has to get his information second or third hand, or God forbid through the media only. As a New Yorker I am terrified by possibility of this becoming a reality.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:47 PM

931 posts, read 802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Amusing to observe the conservative trolls.
Amusing to observe the libturd trolls!

Old 11-17-2015, 06:36 PM

349 posts, read 781,970 times
Why are people so set on their us vs them mentality? A people divided will never be united. Sure De Blasio is the biggest buffoon this city has EVER seen. No bias here. He is literally Hitler. Surely OUR person is way better and everything would be rainbows and sunshine if they were in charge. Everything is lost until our guy is in charge! Everyone else is just dumb and not smart like me!

Old 11-17-2015, 07:14 PM

19,060 posts, read 13,992,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagwagon113 View Post
Why are people so set on their us vs them mentality? A people divided will never be united. Sure De Blasio is the biggest buffoon this city has EVER seen. No bias here. He is literally Hitler. Surely OUR person is way better and everything would be rainbows and sunshine if they were in charge. Everything is lost until our guy is in charge! Everyone else is just dumb and not smart like me!
Translation:

Agree with me or you are stupid and worthy of condescension. Got it.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:51 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,998,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
If we get hit again like a 9/11 or a Paris like attack this idiot deBlasio can't even be briefed face to face by the FBI CIA NSA etc... etc...because deBlasio can't qualify for a top secret security clearance because of his known communist ties. The man is a putz.

So in times of chaos and desperation when a Mayors decision making and leadership is needed the most this moron deBlasio has to get his information second or third hand, or God forbid through the media only. As a New Yorker I am terrified by possibility of this becoming a reality.
All that and nothing has really changed under de Blasio from the Giuliani/Bloomberg years. Crime is low, the tax base is doing well and the city has budgetary surpluses. De Blasio won't anger the business communityh, he need tax revenue from them to do things like subsidized commuter railroads in NYC so that you can get as free transfer from bus or subway to LIRR or MNRR and the fares for those commuter railroads for trips in the city will be the same as a subway fare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City