Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 03:49 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times

Advertisements

The lottery began in Feb 2015 and closed in April 2015. Per the nychousingconnect website, they are in the process of selecting tenants. They are still sorting through the applications that they have received. If they are done with interviewing preferences, they have moved on to the general population.

Keep in mind that there are only 55 apartments up for grabs. Almost 70% have some sort of preference attached to them. That means less apartments for the general population and although you might have a low log number, chances are you may never be called for an interview. You won't hear from the company if you haven't gotten an apartment. You'll only hear from them if you are interviewed. They will let you know then if you have gotten the apartment.

Just keep checking the nychousingconnect website to see if they are still selecting tenants. A couple of months isn't really a long wait; there are still some developments that had a lottery in 2013 that are still selecting tenants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 08:16 AM

20 posts, read 28,632 times
I was log number 2XXX and got called in for an interview for a two bedroom apartment at the beginning of this month (12 two bedrooms left at that time). Base on income and credit I qualified and would have received a two bedroom but I didn't proceed with the interview process and rescinded my application. I have two young daughters and I'm not going to raise them in an environment where I need to explain why they can't use the same entrance or amenities as the others. It's very discriminatory and degrading in today's society.

Good Luck to others who applied and want to live in a place where pointing fingers is allowed!

Old 05-18-2016, 08:43 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yt1617 View Post
I was log number 2XXX and got called in for an interview for a two bedroom apartment at the beginning of this month (12 two bedrooms left at that time). Base on income and credit I qualified and would have received a two bedroom but I didn't proceed with the interview process and rescinded my application. I have two young daughters and I'm not going to raise them in an environment where I need to explain why they can't use the same entrance or amenities as the others. It's very discriminatory and degrading in today's society.

Good Luck to others who applied and want to live in a place where pointing fingers is allowed!
This was a bad move. They have got to let the affordable tenants use the same entrance as market rate tenants. This wasn't the only building to participate in such classicism. the adeline on 116th/117th in Harlem did the same thing. Market rate tenants entered on 116th while affordables entered through a small door on 117th. Now, what developers are doing is constructing a entire separate building, for the affordables, attached to the market rate tenant units, in a less desirable block or avenue. Circa Central Park in Harlem is a example of this. Market rates will live facing Central Park North, while affordables will live in their own less desirable, amenity stripped, smaller, gray bricked building on 111th & 8th avenue

Old 05-18-2016, 08:43 AM

4,774 posts, read 6,571,114 times
I thought poor doors were made illegal. Is there still a separate entrance for the 20% people?

Old 05-18-2016, 08:58 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
The actual apartments are different from market rate units too. Horrific. Sh** should be outlawed.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:16 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I thought poor doors were made illegal. Is there still a separate entrance for the 20% people?

Only for projects in future IIRC, such as part of the ENY rezoning. Buildings that are already up and or had begun aren't affected.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:22 AM

684 posts, read 1,820,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yt1617 View Post

Wow kudos to you !! Yea I didn't even bother to apply. Why even build the building if you're gonna make people feel like **** (rhetorical question there cause i know the answer). But its still really messed up. Classism at its finest

Old 05-31-2016, 08:21 PM

107 posts, read 246,108 times
why anyone would want to live there?
Do you want to be called poor every day of your life?

Old 05-31-2016, 08:51 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post

Doesn't matter what people call you long as it isn't pigeon pie and they eat you for dinner.

For a nice one or two bedroom apartment at below market rate in that part of Manhattan; you could call me whatever you like; I'd still laugh my behind off and enjoy my new digs.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:22 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
If you can't afford market rate and you need a place to live then those people should live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Doesn't matter what people call you long as it isn't pigeon pie and they eat you for dinner.

For a nice one or two bedroom apartment at below market rate in that part of Manhattan; you could call me whatever you like; I'd still laugh my behind off and enjoy my new digs.
Exactly I could care less what people are calling me. Sure i'd be nice to step through the grand entrance but I don't step through a grand entrance now. And I pay way more and don't live in Manhattan. So If i can pay half of what I pay and live in Manhattan I'm game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City