Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:14 PM

5,123 posts, read 4,972,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I honestly thought he was gonna get the 18-24 months. For some reason I just didn't think they would hit him like that.
He is mixture of smart, greedy, dumb, arrogant, ignorant, no-body, and naive who pissed off a lot of "bigwigs" and small potatoes throughout the process...He could have put his tail between his legs after he got arrested, but he didn't because he thought he had enough to buy his way out...i wouldn't have been surprised that he got 15 years or more of jail service...I don't even care if he rots in the jail in these next 7 years...he doesn't belong to living with regular folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 12:25 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
He is mixture of smart, greedy, dumb, arrogant, ignorant, no-body, and naive who pissed off a lot of "bigwigs" and small potatoes throughout the process...He could have put his tail between his legs after he got arrested, but he didn't because he thought he had enough to buy his way out...i wouldn't have been surprised that he got 15 years or more of jail service...I don't even care if he rots in the jail in these next 7 years...he doesn't belong to living with regular folks.
The idiot put a monetary value if someone did a prank on hillary clinton. I agree that he should have hired a PR company to fix his public image. He enjoyed being a public troll.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/b...reli-jail.html

There are worst people then this dude.

"I don't even care if he rots in the jail in these next 7 years...he doesn't belong to living with regular folks"

Old 03-11-2018, 02:20 PM

264 posts, read 239,108 times
Quote:
He is mixture of smart, greedy, dumb, arrogant, ignorant, no-body, and naive
I concur w/ the bolded text.

A while back, in 2016, Martin tweeted that he would be answering questions from the public via his live stream. I visited his live stream and discovered that he was indeed answering questions, but behaving really immature (i.e. cursing out people who were calling in, and just being a jerk). Long story short, I sent him a direct message and mentioned that I worked as a researcher and had a few questions about patients not having access to daraprim (when Turing pharmaceuticals first acquired the drug in 2015). I was caught off guard when Martin sent me a direct message with his cell number and asked me to call in. I quickly informed him via text that I had no interest in appearing on his live stream...

Around 3 minutes or so later, he called me. I told him that I would not speak to him if he was live streaming. He stated that he understood and assured me that he wasn't speaking to me while filming. I quickly checked and saw that his live stream had indeed ended. For around 30 minutes or so, he spoke candidly about his commitment to ensuring that no patients who needed daraprim went w/out the drug and described in detailed his company's waiver process. He stated that who was paying the hefty fee for the drug were the corporations like CVS, etc. Anyhow, throughout the conversation he seemed very normal, very sincere and highly intelligent.

He was polite, but it's also true that I showed him the same level of respect and didn't attempt to troll or berate him.

I now believe Martin is definitely bi-polar. He goes between extremes. I wish him luck...because he will certainly need it, while serving 7 years in prison.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/b...reli-jail.html

There are worst people then this dude.

"I don't even care if he rots in the jail in these next 7 years...he doesn't belong to living with regular folks"
yes, there are, indeed. we can only catch them one by one...and with trump draining the swamp in DC, more crocs/crooks will be exposed for catch...including his own Jared...

Old 03-11-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer2020 View Post
I concur w/ the bolded text.

A while back, in 2016, Martin tweeted that he would be answering questions from the public via his live stream. I visited his live stream and discovered that he was indeed answering questions, but behaving really immature (i.e. cursing out people who were calling in, and just being a jerk). Long story short, I sent him a direct message and mentioned that I worked as a researcher and had a few questions about patients not having access to daraprim (when Turing pharmaceuticals first acquired the drug in 2015). I was caught off guard when Martin sent me a direct message with his cell number and asked me to call in. I quickly informed him via text that I had no interest in appearing on his live stream...

Around 3 minutes or so later, he called me. I told him that I would not speak to him if he was live streaming. He stated that he understood and assured me that he wasn't speaking to me while filming. I quickly checked and saw that his live stream had indeed ended. For around 30 minutes or so, he spoke candidly about his commitment to ensuring that no patients who needed daraprim went w/out the drug and described in detailed his company's waiver process. He stated that who was paying the hefty fee for the drug were the corporations like CVS, etc. Anyhow, throughout the conversation he seemed very normal, very sincere and highly intelligent.

He was polite, but it's also true that I showed him the same level of respect and didn't attempt to troll or berate him.

I now believe Martin is definitely bi-polar. He goes between extremes. I wish him luck...because he will certainly need it, while serving 7 years in prison.
He is the son of poor immigrants so he probably had no guidance or influence on his social political skills to properly handle his situation. His mind was probably blown up by his luck with his rag-to-rich status in such a short period with little effort...he was completely lost and out of control. And I don't agree that he screwed CVS in any way by selling the drug to CVS. CVS is not the ultimate consumer of the drug and CVS will never sell the drug at a lower price to their customers.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:02 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,143 times
Quote:
He is the son of poor immigrants so he probably had no guidance or influence on his social political skills to properly handle his situation. His mind was probably blown up by his luck with his rag-to-rich status in such a short period with little effort...he was completely lost and out of control. And I don't agree that he screwed CVS in any way by selling the drug to CVS. CVS is not the ultimate consumer of the drug and CVS will never sell the drug at a lower price to their customers.
Don't blame his lack of empathy and morals on being an immigrant. There is no culture on this planet that gives accolades for having a character like his.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:08 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Don't blame his lack of empathy and morals on being an immigrant. There is no culture on this planet that gives accolades for having a character like his.
No. No culture on the planet would respect this. But Martin also didn't really have the education to really move up in the hedge fund world. The people who work in hedge funds go to Ivy Leagues, Stanford, and other top universities.

Martin didn't have the education to do so, so he resorted to scams.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
You misread my post by a mile.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:20 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Have they said where they're warehousing him for the next several years yet?

Old 03-13-2018, 01:58 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Just to be clear, and bring this on back home; Mr. Shkreli was only convicted of securities fraud, totally nothing to do with his "lack of empathy or whatever.

Yes, he is now a convicted felon, but even after paying a 7 million fine sill has tens of millions left over (more than can be said for anyone around here), *and* may very well have the last laugh on many of his current detractors.

Michael Milken (the original Mr. Greed is Good") is also a convicted felon (securities fraud) and is worth far more *NOW* than he was when arrested, tried, convicted and sentence served.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Milken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City