Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 07:03 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,411,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Rachet is a newer term for ghetto , same exact meaning

So then I suppose that "af' means "as f__k"??? . . . so the prior poster was saying "that area is as ghetto as f__k". Would this be correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 08:27 AM

325 posts, read 198,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
So then I suppose that "af' means "as f__k"??? . . . so the prior poster was saying "that area is as ghetto as f__k". Would this be correct?
Correct !

Old 08-19-2019, 11:34 AM

5 posts, read 2,598 times
They're putting a ferry in throggs neck as well! I'm wondering if this will make property values skyrocket... sorry, this is meant to be a response to roseba's comments about the soundview ferry- not sure why it's posting here.

Last edited by kdinnyc; 08-19-2019 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: wrong place in thread

Old 08-19-2019, 12:46 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
So dramatic. I've used that BxM6 bus at night and it's fine. Arrive when the bus is due and it beats the subway. It only makes three stops in Parkchester and eight stops in Manhattan, so that's 11 total stops from end to end. Compare that with the 6 train.
The 6 train may have more stops, but it also has its own completely separated right-of-way with no streetlights and multiple door boarding. Using Google Maps for peak commute times from Parkchester to both Midtown and Downtown all point towards the 6 train being the faster option and I tried toggling options for bus exclusively so it would show me the travel times. I take the bus nearly everyday and am happy to have the option, but I think there's a pretty reasonable argument for taking the 6 instead even if one is familiar with NYC's buses and express buses when it comes to overall travel time.

Anyhow, Parkchester definitely has no place in being top 5 most dangerous neighborhoods in the Bronx. Not that anyone said it, but that was the topic so maybe posters unfamiliar with the Bronx might jump to conclusions.

This top is three and a half years old at this point. I'm curious what neighborhoods people think have actually gotten better or worse in regards to crime in the time period. I'm guessing the top five most dangerous from three and a half years ago are still probably top five now?

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 08-19-2019 at 12:57 PM..

Old 08-19-2019, 01:25 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdinnyc View Post
They're putting a ferry in throggs neck as well! I'm wondering if this will make property values skyrocket... sorry, this is meant to be a response to roseba's comments about the soundview ferry- not sure why it's posting here.
That ferry is not going to be that accessible. You'd need to drive to it.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:09 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That ferry is not going to be that accessible. You'd need to drive to it.
They'll probably run a bus to it, but still, it seems like a weird place to put in Throgs Neck (aside from the park being Ferry Point Park).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City