Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: April 19th
Bernie Sanders 66 66.00%
Hillary Clinton 25 25.00%
Undecided 9 9.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 12:12 AM

130 posts, read 532,644 times

Advertisements

Well let's see. Hillary thought it was smart to keep a private email server that she used for gov correspondence in her house. And then talks it off as saying other people also had a private email "account". Totally ignoring that no one has ever kept a private email SERVER. She disgusts me. She's an idiot. She has a staged phoniness about her. I think there could still be indictments over this. I'll take her over any republican however Kasich seems somewhat decent and competent of them and I'd have to look at that again.

Trump... he is a walking disaster that gets worse every minute. I mean to the minute like right now. It's mindblowing to think about how people could support that.

Bernie Sanders.. he seems to be a very good, very dedicated idealistic person who really cares about people. I'm concerned about how everyone gets free college and how all of this is paid for - but you know - it's all a disaster anyway right? So much corruption and drive to increase psychopathic corporation profits at all costs. Maybe let's shift the craziness towards people and caring for people. My vote in the primary is for Bernie.

Last edited by campers; 03-30-2016 at 12:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 12:24 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
This has been one of the most unreal primaries to watch on both sides. I didn't vote in this poll because I'm not in NY, but I think it will be really interesting to watch the Democratic vote in NY.

One because of the the inception of Occupy Wall St. having begun there and it's the financial capitol. It's also the media capitol with the number one market in the US. Basically Bernie representing one side of it while Hilary is representative of the other side having taken money from the financial sector and the media moguls superpacs. The media backing her superpacs have been bias and the Morning Joe finally pointed that out today. Does Sanders still get no respect?

Sarah Silverman also lays it all out in her recent video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dh78x0Pr1s

Two because NY is considered Hilary's "home state" having been a Senator there. It would be unusual for a politician not to win their "home state." Their campaign is so confident about winning the State that they're already making predictions, Clinton Campaign Expects to Have Nomination Locked Up Next Month.

Three because first time voters in NY registered in record breaking numbers with 41,000 new voters for this upcoming vote.

Four because Hilary has refused to debate Bernard before the NY primary because of his tone which set the twitter sphere on fire today. Are Bernie and Hilary not campaigning opponents at this point? He's been nothing but respectful to her in every debate from my point of view. Plus Trump isn't going to go any easier on her and NY deserves to see them debate before their primary.

Five Hilary's campaign is fighting tooth and nail with some skulduggery in various States. We saw in Nevada her campaigners changing their shirts to red shirts like Bernie's nurses to trick voters, T-shirt switcheroo: Clinton campaign accused of tricks in Nevada. In Massachusetts her Husband blocked voters at polling places, Video Shows Bill Clinton Possible Felony Obstruction of Voting Rights, Clear Illegal Electioneering. Then there is this, 5 Times Debbie Wasserman Schultz Violated DNC Rules and Stacked the Deck in Favor of Clinton. One DNC chair from Hawaii stepped down but said it's not because of that. This is the reason she stated why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtVP465wmQ

Then there was the voter suppression in Arizona where people waited in line for five hours to vote because of the lack of polling stations so a federal investigation has been launched. There were other reports of things happening in Ohio and elsewhere with the Unions.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was something that happened in NY too along the lines of voter suppression and other trickery happening that was coming out of the Clinton campaign. This is not her first rodeo after all.

Sanders campaign has momentum with his recent landslide victories but we all recognize that what happens in NY at this point is very pivotal in the campaign. Realistically it will likely go to Hilary and then it will come down to California after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was suppression - as in Arizona. "Other things" as in Ohio, (where I live) or intimidation at the polls - when Bill Clinton strutted around with a coffee cup and a bull horn posing for selfies.

I am a New Yorker who lives in Ohio. I have faith that the Democrats in my home state will vote for Bernie Sanders.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:44 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times

Old 03-30-2016, 10:43 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Bernie all day!

Old 03-30-2016, 12:39 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
So by your reasoning Jackie Kennedy, Eleanor Roosevelt, Mamie Eisenhower, Nancy Reagan, and other former First Lady's should have become POTUS?

What are you talking about?

Jackie, Eleanor, Mamie, and Nancy were never senators or secretary of state!

Old 03-30-2016, 12:51 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
This is weird for me, but for the first time in my life, I'm undecided.

I love Bernie's unyielding concern about economic inequality, but I feel he's less well-versed in other areas, and I have the distinct feeling that he's delusional in his conviction that he can trigger a popular "revolution." A lot of people are happy to go to rallies to hear him, but I don't think they'll be willing to go further.

Frankly, I'd love to see a woman president, and I think Hillary is an extraordinarily fine resume. And despite the snarky comment making comparisons with Mamie Eisenhower and Jackie Kennedy, it's clear that she ended up far more knowledgeable and shrewder after her stint as First Lady than they did. On the other hand, I think she would be more of the same in terms of most of the basics like economics, wars, privacy, etc.

Oh, and by the way, I think it's deplorable when anyone votes based primarily by focusing on one's wallet, i.e. whether taxes will go up. Our taxes remain low in comparison with most comparable countries, and selfishness isn't supposed to be our main motivator.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:04 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,748,808 times
I know who I'm voting for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb5dEtNIKZk

Old 03-30-2016, 02:05 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I know who I'm voting for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb5dEtNIKZk
Good one!

Old 03-30-2016, 02:30 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Oh, and by the way, I think it's deplorable when anyone votes based primarily by focusing on one's wallet, i.e. whether taxes will go up. Our taxes remain low in comparison with most comparable countries, and selfishness isn't supposed to be our main motivator.
Yeah, people should vote based on sex or race instead.

Hey at least you admit why you are a democrat. You're ok with the government viewing our money as potential funds for whatever pet projects the Dems can imagine up.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:48 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
If you loved Barack Obama, you will adore Hillary Clinton. She is the same person, only older, fatter, whiter and transgendered.

We will have the same pumping up of Wall Street with borrowed money, the same exporting of jobs, a huge expansion of the same Bush-Obama Middle East crusade, the same meaningless aphorisms passing as public policy. ("Love and kindness" instead of "hope and change.")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City