Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2017, 07:46 PM

33 posts, read 40,349 times

Advertisements

@Melle7790, That sounds great! I hope I will receive a response soon about my appeal. I'm itching to get an email already to continue the process, but I know it may take a while.

Did you have to go back in for anything?

Last edited by DR.BoogieDown; 05-06-2017 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Forgot question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 08:27 PM

236 posts, read 446,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.BoogieDown View Post
@Melle7790, That sounds great! I hope I will receive a response soon about my appeal. I'm itching to get an email already to continue the process, but I know it may take a while.

Did you have to go back in for anything?
No they emailed me saying good afternoon your appeal has been accepted and to send updated paperwork aka new paystubs, statements etc. then they said they will reach out for more documents if they need anything and the files go thru many hands one being HPD. So I'm waiting now. But I'm in the process with two other buildings and this one now too so whatever comes first I'll take

Old 05-07-2017, 12:40 AM

Ahhh okay. They told me to make sure the appeal was written so I literally grab a pen and paper and wrote it out. That's how much I didn't want to mess up lol. So now I wait, thank you to everyone whose been on this thread, I've learned so much and I will be coming back with updates, good news and more details on the process (Even though it's pretty straight-forwards).

Old 05-07-2017, 10:23 AM

236 posts, read 446,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.BoogieDown View Post
Ahhh okay. They told me to make sure the appeal was written so I literally grab a pen and paper and wrote it out. That's how much I didn't want to mess up lol. So now I wait, thank you to everyone whose been on this thread, I've learned so much and I will be coming back with updates, good news and more details on the process (Even though it's pretty straight-forwards).
My appeal was actually typed up and printed, then signed with my signature. My handwritting sucks, and they still accpeted it thankfully. This process is so stressful, but hopefully will be rewarding.

Old 05-07-2017, 03:03 PM

5 posts, read 5,727 times
Oh wow I make over 50K so I can't have an affordable apartment because I work too hard sigh. Guess I will continue to spend 90% of my income on rent so people who make less can have a better apartment than me.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 AM

110 posts, read 160,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahraynk View Post
Oh wow I make over 50K so I can't have an affordable apartment because I work too hard sigh. Guess I will continue to spend 90% of my income on rent so people who make less can have a better apartment than me.
There are apartments for your income range and actually you make a decent amount because I make 59,000 but I have 3 kids so I qualify because I have dependents. So don't give up. 50,000 isn't much in NYC so that's still middle income. Just some of the buildings are LOW income. Good luck.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:16 PM
PQM PQM started this thread

93 posts, read 233,561 times
A Discussion with Winston Fisher on HOUSE39; Midtown's "Best in Class" Tower Now Offering Two Months. Free Rent
May 5, 2017
Quote:
Winston Fisher is a partner at Fisher Brothers, a legendary family-run real estate company that has built dozens of residential and commercial properties along the East Coast —including my own childhood home. Currently, the firm has several exciting new projects in the pipeline, like their recently topped out Tribeca condo 111 Murray Street. But their latest building to debut is HOUSE39, a 37-story rental tower that intends to be “best in its class” and offer its residents a customized amenity package to serve as extensions of their living rooms.

More INFO about the project & INTERIORS HERE.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:16 PM

36 posts, read 49,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga1 View Post
Good luck with the appeal .. Moving415 he would've been interviewed 4 months ago if he/she was CB
Hey, did you hear from them? I emailed the lady that did my intake and verifications, I got an reply that she doesn't work there anymore. That they haven't reached my log number.

We both submitted all the verifications and documents back in January.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:12 PM

I haven't heard anything yet for my appeal but was told that it will be a long wait

Old 05-13-2017, 01:14 PM

4 posts, read 5,874 times
Well they requested for additional information from me.

1. They requested tax returns which I didn't understand since I already gave them at the interview.
2. Most recent bank statements.
3. Authorization form with self address envelope.

But anyways, if I get it, it would be great.
Tried not to think too much of it.

Good luck peeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City