Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:08 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,111 times

Advertisements

Maybe they want get more market tenants in first...the developer can dictate when the subsidized tenants move in...I have my theories as to why a developer might want more market tenants placed first ... but
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 09:01 PM

16 posts, read 20,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga1 View Post
I would definitely go and give it a shot.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your log and do you have any preferences ?
Log is low 700s
No prefs.

I emailed them, I don't know if they will answer but I asked them to verify the asst limit. If it is really something like 57,000 then I'm pretty much out of the running of most of these lotteries all together. Really messed IMO.

I will probably go, but it's a lot of time dedicated to preparing this documentation just to walk in and walk out.
Hmm

Old 04-30-2017, 09:06 PM

16 posts, read 20,220 times
Quote:
My log is over 40k with CB , submitted all paperwork end of Jan and haven't heard anything from them since !
If you don't mind my asking..
Did it seem like everything checked out for you at the interview? It seems like they tell you right away if it's a bust... but who knows. Is this like going to a DMV kind of experienc overall? That's what I'm gathering..
I have no idea what to expect From this meeting or this agency

Has anyone reading this been rejected for the asset limit already?

I have a low 1000 log for another building but it seems like I'd be out of the runnings for that too even though I am exactly within the income range.

Really frustrating!

Last edited by jg042; 04-30-2017 at 09:19 PM..

Old 04-30-2017, 09:46 PM

207 posts, read 355,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg042 View Post
If you don't mind my asking..
Did it seem like everything checked out for you at the interview? It seems like they tell you right away if it's a bust... but who knows. Is this like going to a DMV kind of experienc overall? That's what I'm gathering..
I have no idea what to expect From this meeting or this agency

Has anyone reading this been rejected for the asset limit already?

I have a low 1000 log for another building but it seems like I'd be out of the runnings for that too even though I am exactly within the income range.

Really frustrating!
Yes they do the initial checking out during the first interview. If you're over the asset limit or not within the income guidelines, they will tell you then and there ..

It looks like they have finished processing the preference groups if you got called...

Also I recommend calling them.... I tried emailing once and they never got back to me so I called them a week later.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:58 PM

46 posts, read 63,875 times
I was approved by HPD and went to orientation last week. I was also joined by a few other people who were selected. I'll be moving in within the next 2 weeks. So excited. The building is gorgeous. Good luck to you all.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:18 PM

That's great! I'm happy for you, and happy to hear about some movement on this building. Since we're all hearing so little, could you keep us posted on your progress? Did you view your apartment? I'm sure it's lovely, as it's a beautiful building. Here's a question: Did they contact you to tell you your file was going to HPD, or did you just get the call to come in for orientation? Another pressing question: Did you have to submit anything beyond what you submitted during your first interview (the items on the checklist)? Or was that it? Thanks!

Last edited by Moving415; 04-30-2017 at 10:49 PM..

Old 04-30-2017, 10:41 PM

207 posts, read 355,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownDreamer View Post
I was approved by HPD and went to orientation last week. I was also joined by a few other people who were selected. I'll be moving in within the next 2 weeks. So excited. The building is gorgeous. Good luck to you all.
Congrats!!!

Old 04-30-2017, 10:49 PM

46 posts, read 63,875 times
Thank you. They contacted me at the end of March to come sign documents before my file was sent to HPD. I was able to view my apartment during the orientation visit. It is lovely. Nice size, not huge. Standard white appliances. I'm basically done with the process. Just have to give my first month rent and security deposit then I'm getting the keys and moving in.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:12 PM

Sounds wonderful. Did you take a one-bedroom or a studio?

Old 05-01-2017, 10:52 PM

36 posts, read 49,107 times
Quote:
All of my paperwork is in as well, and it's been 3 months .
Same here. Since January. Haven't heard jack. This processing is too frustrating. Smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City