Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2016, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 3,512 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

So I was accepted to the housing lottery for 461 Dean st and I had my intake appointment a little over 2 weeks ago - then i receive a letter stating i was denied because i didnt submit all my Docs but that was just wrong cause i submitted everything - I even had a email confirmation showing that i did because i sent all that was missing from my interview through the email.

So anyways i call them and leave a message with my log# all the info, i mention the email and say to call me back. Then two days later i receive an email stating that my intake appointment has been scheduled for the upcoming week for the same lottery?

This is just weird. Has anyone gotten two intake appointments before, and more importantly have you gotten them after the interview period is over! cause the interview period for this lottery ended back in August 26th.

Honestly I am afraid to call them and ask about it in the event that i Jinx the whole thing and they put me through the loop for no reason - having to appeal and all.

Would really appreciate anyones input or experience with this. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 09:22 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
wow, that is so crazy! This is why people with extremely high log numbers are called - because they treat those with lower numbers who qualify and who are following directions as if they don't

Sorry can't provide much more advice, but wish you well with the rest of the process

Old 09-15-2016, 09:51 AM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
If I were you I would just go to the second appointment and bring all your documents. When you are face to face you can ask, and let's hope you get an explanation!

Old 09-15-2016, 12:08 PM

132 posts, read 253,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycjig View Post
Hey Guys,

So I was accepted to the housing lottery for 461 Dean st and I had my intake appointment a little over 2 weeks ago - then i receive a letter stating i was denied because i didnt submit all my Docs but that was just wrong cause i submitted everything - I even had a email confirmation showing that i did because i sent all that was missing from my interview through the email.

So anyways i call them and leave a message with my log# all the info, i mention the email and say to call me back. Then two days later i receive an email stating that my intake appointment has been scheduled for the upcoming week for the same lottery?

This is just weird. Has anyone gotten two intake appointments before, and more importantly have you gotten them after the interview period is over! cause the interview period for this lottery ended back in August 26th.

Honestly I am afraid to call them and ask about it in the event that i Jinx the whole thing and they put me through the loop for no reason - having to appeal and all.

Would really appreciate anyones input or experience with this. Thanks in advance.
Interviews were not over August 26--they are ongoing. Keep your appt. and take all the documents they requested with you. Before you leave the appt., make sure to get a checklist confirmation that you provided all the documents they asked for. Do not get discouraged or intimidated. Good luck!!

Old 09-15-2016, 12:15 PM

132 posts, read 253,156 times
Hi jaycrig. Also wanted to let you know there is an ongoing thread on 461 Dean St. which you can read and where you can post your questions. There's lots of good info.on it. it's called 461 Dean Street Log Numbers.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:18 PM

296 posts, read 481,540 times
Post lyla45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycjig View Post
Hey Guys,

I was in the same situation at other lottery. They did't respond on phone call. You better to send them email with your first interview date/ just copy their email and if you brought everything they requested at the first interview or sent them by email, then just make a copy from those confirmation and send them too. They respond on email very fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: