Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 03:23 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,338,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
So what's he doing it for? He's thrown shareholders, customers, employees and vendors under the bus for money, then brushes it off as "good business".

If there's an opportunity to sell out the American people to improve his own financial prospects, what makes you think that he wouldn't do the same?

Trump is doing it to

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

and Clinton is doing it to

KEEP WALLSTREET GREAT

That's the difference!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
. FWIW - any (remotely) political threads get deleted in the Florida forums (although it is apparently still ok to warn people that if they move to certain parts of the state - they have to learn how to speak Spanish). So that's why I was curious. Perhaps that's why our discussions are often sooooo boring (like what roofers do you recommend). Haven't been around the POC forum for a LOOOOOOONG time - so I don't know about threads being deleted there. So maybe I can find a home away from home here .

And - just to put my cards on the table - I'm a Trump supporter - my husband too (I don't think we're alone here - which kind of surprised me). We voted for him in the primary. When the establishment was backing Bush. I thought Bush was a fine Governor - especially during our miserable 2004-05 hurricane seasons. "He made the trains run on time". But President? No way (he has more political baggage than HRC).

It's a curious thing about the debate. I thought that HRC "won" the debate. From an academic POV. But I'm not changing my vote. When I asked my husband who won the debate - he said he didn't care. Because he wasn't changing his vote either.

It is also a curious thing about election polls. We get called and don't respond to them. What about you guys here (women too)? Do you get poll calls - and do you respond to them? Robyn
I live in NYC and never did I get a poll call!

Old 09-28-2016, 04:00 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,496,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
I live in NYC and never did I get a poll call!
Is your only phone a cell phone? I am not sure pollsters have caught onto the fact that many people only have cell phones these days. When we changed from an AT&T landline to an Xfinity VOIP line maybe 3-4 years ago (we're old - it takes us time to change things) - it took people like pollsters (and other unwanted callers) about 3 years to catch up with us on that line. Guess they caught up by buying our phone number from people we do business with - like maybe AARP . And they never call us on our cell phones (because we don't give people our cell phone numbers).

FWIW - one reason I don't respond to telephone polls - especially when it comes to this election - is people portray Trump voters as being dumb unwashed hillbillies. The Deplorables. Which I am not. I would have great fun showing up the pollsters as being wrong come election day. Robyn

Old 09-28-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Is your only phone a cell phone? I am not sure pollsters have caught onto the fact that many people only have cell phones these days. When we changed from an AT&T landline to an Xfinity VOIP line maybe 3-4 years ago (we're old - it takes us time to change things) - it took people like pollsters (and other unwanted callers) about 3 years to catch up with us on that line. Guess they caught up by buying our phone number from people we do business with - like maybe AARP . And they never call us on our cell phones (because we don't give people our cell phone numbers).

FWIW - one reason I don't respond to telephone polls - especially when it comes to this election - is people portray Trump voters as being dumb unwashed hillbillies. The Deplorables. Which I am not. I would have great fun showing up the pollsters as being wrong come election day. Robyn
Yes, that must be it. I, too, had an AT&T landline on which I got lots of cold and annoying calls. I switched to a cell phone and cancelled my landline, so it seems they lost track of me. Now I have peace!

Me, too, I would not give my poll on a phone call, also not to strangers or acquaintences, one gets eyed weirdly if one support the adverse candidate, but here on the CD forum we are anonymous....:-D

Old 09-29-2016, 01:57 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiep83 View Post
what is with people wanting fake, forced apologies these days?...lol

What does that solve exactly?

People should apologize if they are sorry, if not then don't... I don't get all this PC stuff about putting out apologies.

and I couldn't care less about Trump's taxes.
No worries. Apologizing is just not in Trump's "DNA". It used to be what decent people did. Not PC, but decency and owning up to something he did.

He could have at least not doubled down, though. That was also asking too much I guess. Most people do not give him a free pass on his refusal to release tax returns, though. That is not a sign of a solid, transparent leader. It is a red flag that either he has something to hide, has a high level of arrogance, or both.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
So what's he doing it for? He's thrown shareholders, customers, employees and vendors under the bus for money, then brushes it off as "good business".

If there's an opportunity to sell out the American people to improve his own financial prospects, what makes you think that he wouldn't do the same?
You definitely have Trump figured out. Could not have said it better! You and I are not fooled. After all the information we have and his debate debacle Monday night, we can only hope the next poll will reflect that for a majority of Americans, too.

He will certainly not make America great. I am confident we won't give him that chance. Too much is at stake for our nation.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Did she apologize? NO

She just admitted her mistakes and why should she not get punished for her mistakes, grave mistakes?
Instead of getting punished she tries to become the next POTUS? Sounds about right, no?!

But you want apologies from Trump? Hahaha!
She may not have technically uttered the words " I am sorry", but she clearly said she was wrong. Basically the same thing/very similar. Plus, there were several hours of testimony. A Republican FBI director, James Comey, made the decision not to file legal charges.

Trump does not even do that with his long list of wrongdoing, insults, and mistakes.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:10 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,550,488 times
Quote:
Trump is doing it to

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

and Clinton is doing it to

KEEP WALLSTREET GREAT

That's the difference!
Why do you think Trump is doing it to make America great? Because he said so? Just ask those stiffed vendors, employees and partners whether or not you can trust what he says. And Trump has over $650 million in debt. You don't think there are IOUs to Wall Street in there? You really believe he wouldn't consider a little quid pro quo as 'good business'?

I don't agree with it, but I can see the logic in supporting Trump because you're frustrated with government and want 'change for the sake of change'.

But I can't understand how so many people think he's a great guy who's motivated above all for love of country. He's never been that guy, and other than his empty promises, there's no evidence that he ever will be.

Last edited by Mr. Zero; 09-29-2016 at 07:20 AM..

Old 09-29-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Why do you think Trump is doing it to make America great? Because he said so? Just ask those stiffed vendors, employees and partners whether or not you can trust what he says. And Trump has over $650 million in debt. You don't think there are IOUs to Wall Street in there? You really believe he wouldn't consider a little quid pro quo as 'good business'?

I don't agree with it, but I can see the logic in supporting Trump because you're frustrated with government and want 'change for the sake of change'.

But I can't understand how so many people think he's a great guy who's motivated above all for love of country. He's never been that guy, and other than his empty promises, there's no evidence that he ever will be.
Why else would he go through this nightmare of campaigning? I believe what Trump says, it is to make America great again , to create jobs etc.... >leave the lying to Mrs.Wallstreet.

Trump could take his billions and live a fantastic, retired life with his beautiful, young wife - that she is, or are Democrats denying even that ? - and his 5 marvelous children.

Why else would he do this? For money? He has enough of it. Not so Mrs. Wallstreet, she wants more of that stuff through Wallstreet.

Anyway, Clinton is skipping out again on the campaign trail. It is said that she was heavily drugged by her physician to sustain through the campaign, and she behaved like a programmed, scripted Robot.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:01 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,550,488 times
Quote:
Why else would he go through this nightmare of campaigning? I believe what Trump says, it is to make America great again , to create jobs etc.... >leave the lying to Mrs.Wallstreet.

Trump could take his billions and live a fantastic, retired life with his beautiful, young wife - that she is, or are Democrats denying even that ? - and his 5 marvelous children.

Why else would he do this? For money? He has enough of it. Not so Mrs. Wallstreet, she wants more of that stuff through Wallstreet.
You say that Trump has enough money. Do you think Trump himself would ever believe that he has enough? No matter how much he has, I think he would always want more. As President there are lots of ways that he could use his influence to pad his bottom line. Also, don't discount the huge ego boost he gets from his rallies. For his entire life, he's been addicted to the spotlight.

Regarding Wall Street. Trump is a life-long New Yorker who has been dealing in the financial markets for almost half a century. He also has hundreds of millions in debt. He has as many ties to Wall Street as anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City