Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 03:10 PM

738 posts, read 585,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The delusional rants of a homeless old man living in a shelter in Bushwick.

I doubt those phds and MS's are living in a shelter in Bushwick.
Nope. They've got their noses buried in some corporate yuppies bazoo, in between raving about how yummy it is.

Delusional? How so? For a writer, not being able to distinguish 'constant' and 'consistant' from one another seems a tad ominous. Perhaps it suits your hyperschooled audience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 03:36 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,300,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve1 View Post
Nope. They've got their noses buried in some corporate yuppies bazoo, in between raving about how yummy it is.

Delusional? How so? For a writer, not being able to distinguish 'constant' and 'consistant' from one another seems a tad ominous. Perhaps it suits your hyperschooled audience.
Not just any writer, but an Ivy League writer and grad student at Columbia.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
I've been through the shelter system and some shelters are way worse than others. Avoid Wards Island, Bedford and Atlantic, Clarkson Ave and Belleview. BRC is pretty crappy too.
The prison without cells is Belleview... That places gives me creeps and I'm not easily uncomfortable.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:04 PM

107 posts, read 85,595 times
You should humble yourself and be more careful of what you say and the attitude with which you say it. Not every homeless person is in that predicament as a result of his or her own bad choices, behavior, or adictions. With the economy being what it is, and life on this earth being what it always has been, any of us--no matter how educated, employable, and financially stable--may be just a day away from homelessness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
If you are about to become homeless why don't you just leave NYC? We already have enough bums here and we don't need any more. Pan handle enough money to get a train ticket to Florida and head down there. It's nice and warm during the winter months.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:27 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve1 View Post

Put it like this, people with advanced educations don't live at the mercy of city shelter workers. I can post what I want to on this forum, and don't have to nitpick. Enjoy the shelter at Bushwick.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Put it like this, people with advanced educations don't live at the mercy of city shelter workers. I can post what I want to on this forum, and don't have to nitpick. Enjoy the shelter at Bushwick.

You don't have to do anything, pal. Feel free to advertise your stupidity and lack of English comprehension at will.

I enjoy life, generally, as best I can. I'll get something eventually.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adopted View Post
You should humble yourself and be more careful of what you say and the attitude with which you say it. Not every homeless person is in that predicament as a result of his or her own bad choices, behavior, or adictions. With the economy being what it is, and life on this earth being what it always has been, any of us--no matter how educated, employable, and financially stable--may be just a day away from homelessness.

Yes, that fellow seems a bit uncharitable.

Rank me to the dogs and back, if you like. I know a guy, goes by the name of 'Storm.' He has this huge scar on his face from his close encounter with an IED over in Iraq. He drinks a lot, I guess to quiet the memories of his demons - a few of his comrades in arms didn't survive the encounter.

The gratitude of a grateful nation? He's in a homeless shelter. I may deserve to be there. He doesn't.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfKingBlue View Post
The prison without cells is Belleview... That places gives me creeps and I'm not easily uncomfortable.

I liked it there. At least I got my whole cash grant instead of having 80% of it clawed back by "Project Renewal." Restoring hope, blah, blah. Restoring their own inflated salaries is more like it.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:24 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,687,488 times
I guess this is a good, useful post, though depressing. Probably even more useful if you're mentioned the "ton" of eating places.

One odd element is the assumption that a person would have a gym membership. If someone is in a downward spiral, you'd think he would have eliminated nonessentials like that.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:13 PM

6,153 posts, read 4,525,082 times
Quote:
You have a serious attitude problem and if it's true, as the above poster says, that you're a grad student, that would explain a lot. You can't just parrot what you hear with no life experience to back it up. I'm also 57 and I can tell you that all the education in the world doesn't mean squat when you pass over that great dividing line of 50. Some say 40. In fact, all that expensive education and student debt isn't doing much for recent grads, like you might be some day. Good luck, do tell us all how you're doing when the time comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City