Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 11:18 AM

263 posts, read 757,820 times

Advertisements

I will be travelling (possibly going alone) from BK to Arthur Ave BX via the L train to the 4 train and transfer to the D train at Yankee Stadium to Arthur Ave. I am not too familiar with the stops along the 4 line once it gets above 90th St and any of the stops along the D line. Does anyone know what the stops and the neighborhoods are like on those routes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 12:29 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,618,066 times
You'll be getting off the subway at Fordham Rd on the D. I'd recommend taking the 2/5 instead and then the Bx22/Bx12 as that area around that D stop isn't very nice (from my experience) while the Pelham Parkway 2/5 area is much better. I'm not 100% certain when the 5 hits that stop though, I usually take the 2 uptown.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:57 PM

2,545 posts, read 2,869,887 times
You'll be underground for nearly the whole trip (aside from when you arrive at Yankee Stadium on the 4). The trains uptown will be packed for PM rush hour but any other time of day shouldn't be bad. You shouldn't have any issues if you walk along Fordham Rd to Arthur Ave. It's a very busy corridor.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:53 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,082,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
I will be travelling (possibly going alone) from BK to Arthur Ave BX via the L train to the 4 train and transfer to the D train at Yankee Stadium to Arthur Ave. I am not too familiar with the stops along the 4 line once it gets above 90th St and any of the stops along the D line. Does anyone know what the stops and the neighborhoods are like on those routes?
Forget the switch to the D train. Just get off the L train at Union Sq and transfer to the 4 and take it all the way up to Fordham Rd. Fordham Rd is very busy( and safe) and interesting to walk along all the way West to Arthur Avenue but it is about a 20 min walk. If you don't want to walk it you can take the Bx12 bus from the Fordham Rd 4 stop to the corner of Arthur ave.

Above is assuming you are headed to the "Little Italy" part of Arthur Ave which is just a few blocks South of Fordham Rd. If for some reason you are going to some other part of Arthur Ave ( further South) you might need to get off the subway before Fordham and follow a different route.

As someone else said you could also take the 2 or the 5 train to Pelham Parkway and then take the Bx12 bus West through Bronx Park to Arthur Ave.It would take about the same time either way. Pelham Parkway and Fordham Road are basically the same street with different names on different sides of Bronx Park.... Fordham Rd West of Bronx Park, Pelham Parkway East of Bronx Park.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:07 AM

263 posts, read 757,820 times
Thank you all for the helpful info! I will most likely just take the 4 all the way up from Union Square and walk the 20 mins to Arthur Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: