Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:47 AM

53 posts, read 55,469 times

Advertisements

I recently was sent an email saying i was not in the income range for the apartment was not eligible. So i applea because i had started a new job as a subsitute paraporfessional for the NYC DOE and i am 6 months pregnant. my appeal was very quick, i got a reply the next day to send in documents and paystubs and w2s from last year , I did just that. i called hem to let them know it was sent and they replied to me in 3 days from the day i faxed the document saying i had been selected for a interview and a list of documents to bring in. My interview was Jan 10. i got everything ready and since i live with my parents and im only 21 i dot have any bank accounts just a credit card from captial one it wasnt hard to get the neccessary documents. I arrived super early to my interview and was seated with a very nice woman we went over all my documents i told her i had no assests and reassured her that i needed the apartment because of my baby arriving soon and theres not enough space at home. She made me sign alot of documents and a paper stating that i was pregnant because i showed her a letter from my prenatal doctor. she told me all i had to was bring in termination letters from my 2 previous jobs and it should take about 6 weeks for my documents to get respond and we shook hands and left. i just wanted to know how they check your income because i am a city employee but my boss wrote a letter confirming my income and etc. I really hope i get in because my credit is good she told me it had to be over 520 and the building i applied for is already finished people live there.

Please nd thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 01:18 PM

23 posts, read 70,473 times
Hi Zina,

I can't tell you much about the process because I haven't got any apartment yet. But here's a tip: The project apartment (or its represented firm) will send an income inquiry to your workplace to check your income. Yes. Even if your boss wrote you a recommendation. And for all your previous employer. Your firm will need to fill out the income proof and return it back to the apt project inorder for it to count. I have seen those paper many times...

I would recommend you to call up HR to make sure they get it and return it, and if possible, get a copy for your own record. This is very tricky for you since you mention your are a para in the DOE. I'm not sure if they will write it to your school, the district field office or 65 Court. Supposedly they should write it to whom ever your paycheck address.

Hope that would help.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:33 PM

Oh. Forgot to mention. If you want to know where it was sent to (usually not your payroll keeper but someone in HQ), you can find that out on the DOE website. Search for " income vertidication".

Old 01-31-2017, 03:40 PM

43 posts, read 100,420 times
I work for the city too. Does HR include location pay in the verification letter? With that pay I am over the income limit.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:08 PM

@ Yellowsugar thNks a lot , that's helps because I heard that they consider city employees because we do work for the city but I just don't want to be over the income the place I applied for , the first 2 bedroom is 647 a month and min income is 23,589 n the highest is 29,000 .

Old 02-01-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZina View Post
@ Yellowsugar thNks a lot , that's helps because I heard that they consider city employees because we do work for the city but I just don't want to be over the income the place I applied for , the first 2 bedroom is 647 a month and min income is 23,589 n the highest is 29,000 .
Hi. I'm not a para professional so I am not familiar with the pala ranking and pay.

The paper basically comes like this:

Dear HR. We are requesting salary information for thr following employee. Please fill in the following and return this information to us. Thanks.

Employee name. Xxx
Ssn. Xxx.xx.xxxx
Salary ___________
Title ______
Bonus_______
Commission ______
Other deduction_______
Alimony_____
Other legal fees______
Title_____
Service time since______

So HR fills in the blank ans return it. It doesn't really ask how much you make on OT or if you received a bonus or adjustments. It ask for your title and base pay. Your OT and annual income will be check on the w2 instead.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COA2017 View Post
I work for the city too. Does HR include location pay in the verification letter? With that pay I am over the income limit.
Hi. Location pay will depends on your cobtract terms. If your location pay is already included as part of the base pay. Then it's probably going to be on the paper. However, something like uniform cleaning allowance , or union retroactive adjustment will most like not.

Your salary is usually thr amount that is listed on your contact when the dept offer you the position. Or your ranking cost.

I would recommend if you are not sure what's going to be on the paper, go to the HR ahead of time and request an income verticiation or employment vertification with salary information. HR will give it to you at no cost and no legal paperwork is required.

I always ask my boss for a recommendation and employment verification every so often. Just in case one day I quit by sudden or I have a new boss ( something like that). Since so many employers ask for those information, it's handy to have them so I don't have to ask for one when I need it.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:44 AM

@Yellowsugar thank you , btw do you work for HR ?

Old 02-01-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZina View Post
@Yellowsugar thank you , btw do you work for HR ?
No I do not, but I work in one of the many HQ (not 65 Court). My office does not handle pala.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:10 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,466 times
I don't think you are getting a 2 bedroom.good luck rent is cheap.

Last edited by jayden22; 02-01-2017 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: Not finish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: