Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 04:27 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times

Advertisements

Life is so terrible for us. We get fender benders, heat strokes, etc. I really hate it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 05:09 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
We have tax subsidized cooling centers to prevent mass heat stroke epidemics like the one in France a few years ago. And yes, many elderly people die every summer in this city from heat stroke, although i'd be willing to guess at least half of those death certificates should say died from stench-stroke, not heat-stroke. Someone told me that San Francisco smells WORSE in the summer than NYC. is this true!? I can't imagine. I quit smoking cigarettes 2 years ago and OMFG does this city reek in the summer, especially the subway stations!

Old 02-18-2017, 12:25 PM

844 posts, read 1,443,629 times
Can't get a legitimate answer from any of you "fiesty new yorkers" huh...no help for my research?

Hope the pollution gets to you!

Old 02-18-2017, 12:57 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
Can't get a legitimate answer from any of you "fiesty new yorkers" huh...no help for my research?

This is not a site to conduct research.

And by your nasty comment, you will never get the answers you are looking for. More likely being pound to the ground when you cross the wrong ny-er.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:27 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
People from Marrakesh come here and pass out, that's how real it is....

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-18-2017, 08:52 PM

954 posts, read 939,748 times
Quote:

We are taking your thread very serioussssssssssssss

Old 02-18-2017, 10:44 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
We are taking your thread very serioussssssssssssss
Watch they will come to NY and get the 1st login number....lol

Old 02-19-2017, 07:24 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Never heat stroke, but heat exhaustion frequently.My core heats up and I feel like itshay.
Same happens in Winter if I spend any length of time indoors in a parka.

No, I never knew anyone who died of heat stroke.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:29 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:

Because your threads aren't serious. And your condescending comments don't help either.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:57 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,222,937 times
Quote:

Fine, I'll give a serious answer, but all of these sarcastic replies should kind of already answer your questions in a way.

Most of us don't have cars, but we have other methods of keeping cool other than car A/C units. We still have air conditioning in buildings and homes, and also on the subway trains. I don't think walking outside during the Summer is as dangerous as you think it is. If you are really that hot, then you can easily find an air-conditioned building to go inside of no matter where in the city you are. There will also almost always be somewhere to buy a cold drink or something nearby as well. Honestly, the worst part is waiting for the train in an underground subway station. It's can get like a sauna down there, but once you get on the train it'll be uncomfortably cold, which can be very refreshing.

Actually most heat-related illnesses/deaths in NYC occur in homes with people that don't have A/C in their apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City