Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 02:35 PM

994 posts, read 1,057,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Yes you are. Move to the Bronx. You have no "right" to live in a building where rich people live.
I did not suggest I have a "right" to; however, if I don't have this so-called "right", neither doesn't anyone else - including yourself

Im not complaining - Im just sitting here [at work] with my fingers crossed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 08:08 AM

20 posts, read 33,829 times
They require 10% as a downpayment. Can the downpayment be gifted? Are a percentage of savings above a certain amount added to income?

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...row-Street.pdf

Old 08-09-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggletoggle View Post
They require 10% as a downpayment. Can the downpayment be gifted? Are a percentage of savings above a certain amount added to income?

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...row-Street.pdf
Some might say, if you (not, YOU, but the proverbial "you") knows someone who can gift you $10,000, maybe you should leave 100 Barrow [Affordable Housing] for the rest of us. To be clear, I'm not saying I'm "the rest of us"

Last edited by MannerundKatze; 08-09-2017 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: typo correction

Old 09-13-2017, 10:30 PM

40 posts, read 64,368 times
I received an email requesting additional financial documents and to come in next week. I was given a community board log number. Has anyone else been given a log number and received the same communication? The AMI has been lowered.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:48 AM

9 posts, read 16,528 times
Default yes

I also got the email and received a community board log number. I think they said at the 2nd info section that they would contact ~50 people initially. No word on a timeline or next steps.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC_MAC View Post
I received an email requesting additional financial documents and to come in next week. I was given a community board log number. Has anyone else been given a log number and received the same communication? The AMI has been lowered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingseeker View Post
I also got the email and received a community board log number. I think they said at the 2nd info section that they would contact ~50 people initially. No word on a timeline or next steps.
Dang, moving on up!!! for the studio, 1 or 2 bedroom? congratulations but also a big F-U to community board. If I lived in the West Villiage already I wouldnt need affordable housing...

Old 09-14-2017, 02:24 PM

9 posts, read 16,528 times
My income qualifies me for either the studio or 1 bedroom. I'm not sure if I'm being considered for both or one or the other. I'm also a city employee but it appears I was chosen during the community board selection. I've rented a rent-stabilized 250 sf studio with a mini refrigerator for the last 9 years. Moving on up would be an incredible opportunity.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Congrats on getting a log #... hopefully it's after mine... LOL
Did they mention in the information sessions when the apartments would be available for occupancy and did they provide any floor and information on the apartments?

Old 09-14-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Dang, moving on up!!! for the studio, 1 or 2 bedroom? congratulations but also a big F-U to community board. If I lived in the West Villiage already I wouldnt need affordable housing...
I qualify for the Studio and 1 BR and would be happier with either one. Community Boards No. 2 doesn't just include the West Village, it also includes: Greenwich Village, SoHo, NoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown, Hudson Square, and Gansevoort Market. It's because of rent controlled apartments, rent stabilized apartments, and housing programs like this that the middle class can still afford to live in these historic neighborhoods.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
My income qualifies me for either the studio or 1 bedroom. I'm not sure if I'm being considered for both or one or the other. I'm also a city employee but it appears I was chosen during the community board selection. I've rented a rent-stabilized 250 sf studio with a mini refrigerator for the last 9 years. Moving on up would be an incredible opportunity.
If you get selected, maybe @MannerundKatze can move into your rent stabilized studio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City