Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 12:31 PM

126 posts, read 169,449 times

Advertisements

This whole thread is humble bragging at its finest/worst.

Could have at least been more subtle with a title like "461 dean applicants with signed leases"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 03:27 PM

33 posts, read 53,255 times
Uhh - if you want to call it anything negative - it would be bragging, not humble bragging. Nothing humble about "winners!" But bragging was not my intent.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,890 times
Please. I think you're all overthinking this and need to go out to a movie, or for a drink. The thread creator was just looking to connect to future neighbors. I wasn't even in this lottery, but have found it a fascinating read. We all spend so much time here talking and complaining to each other, I've often wondered if the people who get spots in the various developments reach out to one another once they're all living there. Frankly, I always find meeting people I met online a bit of a disappointment...but I could see wanting to do it, and I think that's all this person was trying to do. Lighten up.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:22 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
So start a facebook group or something and advertise in the building. This thread is jejune and puerile and obviously some bitter people are going to react negatively. Also the kinds of people moving into luxury buildings don't want anything to do with the lottery crowd, unless it's to clean their apartments or purchase drugs from the loser boyfriends the "winners" sneak in after a month.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:37 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,890 times
I think you make a lot of unfounded assumptions, but never mind. The person's instincts were decent, and if you find the thread that upsetting, you've invested too much in this lottery process, which I understand, because it's happened to me too, and I've vowed never to let it happen again. So I'm off to a movie and then a bar.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 PM

87 posts, read 140,336 times
Oh ok that's good to know. Idk anything about square feet. I just know I have a large 1 bedroom now compared to what I use to live in. I have a walk in closet in my room(which is treasure to me) other than that the other amenities is a laundry room, bike room, and some other crap. Wondering what's the closet space in these places and will any of the luxury 1 bedrooms be as big as my apt now.....imma wait and find out

Old 05-11-2017, 05:49 AM

4 posts, read 6,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
So start a facebook group or something and advertise in the building. This thread is jejune and puerile and obviously some bitter people are going to react negatively. Also the kinds of people moving into luxury buildings don't want anything to do with the lottery crowd, unless it's to clean their apartments or purchase drugs from the loser boyfriends the "winners" sneak in after a month.
You are a special kind of Stupid

Old 05-11-2017, 06:01 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzrosa View Post
Congrats on your new place and thanks for all the details. 700 Square Feet is actually pretty big for a studio!

Probably "Developer 700 square feet" which is different from "Measured 700 square feet."

Old 05-11-2017, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,590 times
I find nothing wrong with this thread. In fact, I think it was considerate of the OP to start a new one so the other people didn't feel bad. OP, is your studio really that big? 700 square feet seems massive! I live in a 2 bedroom apartment that's about 450 square feet.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:18 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
I wouldn't have titled the tread "winners" but I see nothing wrong with having a place where the people who
have received lottery apartments can come and discuss their new place. They are excited and would like to share their experiences without making people who didn't win feel bad. Maybe if and when some of the nay sayers win their own apartments, they'll understand. You can leave the thread here, OP, or maybe set up some kind of off the CD website forum for the other 461 Dean people.

I do recall there were threads about living in one of the newer Bronx developments (Via Verde? or something like that) that went on for a couple of weeks then petered out as people moved on. I expect that once the newness wears off that will happen with this thread. Until it does, the thread can easily be avoided.

Good Luck and Congratulations OP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City