Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 05:50 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
If anything I see lame white dudes with decent looking Asian chicks
It should be noted that some Asian women aspire to date/marry white men as a way of marrying up, so it's a two way street. The white men like the Asian women for an exotic experience and the Asian women like the white men for their money. Aside from that some Asian women feel liberated with white men because some Asian men can be extremely controlling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 06:53 PM

415 posts, read 514,504 times
You know what they say...

Once you go black, no self respecting girl will take you back.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:19 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I rarely see Asian men with other races. I do see black men with white women, but I see more white men with black women now a days.
I am seeing that a lot more too in 2017.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:24 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,908,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I've never heard an educated black man being called a "sellout". And exactly what hostility are you talking about. If it's hostility given or felt, it's likely from individuals who have issues with themselves.

Marrying up often is the product of a deeply held inferiority complex such, in some people don't want to marry anyone darker. this is the sentiment held among some Latin Americans, Indians, even some American blacks who refuse to marry anyone of a darker complexion than them.
I've also never heard of an educated black man being called a sellout just b/c he was educated. Maybe in some projects or ultra-impoverished areas but not in working or middle class black neighborhoods.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Right now on the current state of NYC. Being white matters when it comes to dating. Nothing is wrong with it, and it's cool. I will do a podcast on the importance of being white I today's nyc. Swirling black women and Asian women who prefer white men Because they can produce.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:15 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,943,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
I've also never heard of an educated black man being called a sellout just b/c he was educated. Maybe in some projects or ultra-impoverished areas but not in working or middle class black neighborhoods.
No, they're called sellouts when they go for white women. Has nothing to do with being educated or not.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:35 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
80% of black men who marry are married to black women. The REAL issue is that 70% of the blacks with college degrees are women and black men without college degrees have a tenuous hold in the job markets.

Black professional women don't usually like men who are security guards or who drive buses, to name two occupations where non college educated black men are very present.

And another issue to note is that rates of interracial marriage among college educated black men is the same as that of non college educated black men. It is among the college educated black women that we see higher rates of interracial marriage than is seen among their non college educated counterparts.

So the issue isn't that black men are obsessed with IR. Its that black women way outperform black men in college attainment and to the extent that they stick to black men it means that we will see 3 of them competing for one man.

What college educated black women should work on is devising ways to get more black men to graduate from college, rather than obsessing with the relatively few who marry nonblack women, because for every black man who does 4 black men chose black women.

In fact IR rates for black men are only higher than it is for Asian men and for black women. Obviously whites will have the lowest overall IR as they account for 65% of the population so it is statistically harder for them to intermarry than it is for smaller groups.

A major reason why IR among Asians is so high is that in some places the pool of marriageable Asians is low so Asians have no choice but to look elsewhere. It is to be noted that IR among Asians in San Francisco are lower than in cities in the Midwest.

Bus drivers make good salaries and have pensions.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:47 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I work in a white collar environment and I can tell that I can count the black men on one hand that I see, and part of that is due to discrimination. Black women face discrimination, but not nearly at the same rate as black men do, especially in certain white collar positions.
You original premise was that educated black men are hated by black women because they dare to get an education, and so are sell outs. In fact for every black man with a 4 year college degree there are 3 black women with the same.

So have you shifted from the notion that an educated black man is reviled by black women because he isn't a thug? Your argument has completed shifted at this point.

As to those black women who think that every black man is a thug!!! The BLM was started by black women and black women (most college educated) are loud in condemning the criminalization of black men.\

Women are complex creatures, with black women no more than others. If you think that Asian or white woman are easy to deal with I am sorry for you. Talk to many white men with professional wives and they have a whole list of horror stories for you.

As to poor Asian men. Well many Asian women laugh in their faces and openly scorn them, while they hug their white (and increasingly black or Latin) men.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Bus drivers make good salaries and have pensions.
And yet I don't know many women with MBAs or Law degrees, or with corporate jobs who want them. The only reason why one will speak of what black women think of them is because 65% of the blacks with 4 year degrees are women, so they have even fewer choices within their ethnic pool than do white women, who account for around 55% of whites with 4 year degrees.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
No, they're called sellouts when they go for white women. Has nothing to do with being educated or not.
I can assure you that I don't think that too many black women with professional degrees really want an athlete or an entertainer as a husband. They may love the idea of it, but when confronted with the reality its not going to happen. Poor black women aren't going to get a rich athlete to marry them, so they need to cease with their anger.

What black women express is a rage at the fact that they have fewer choices, given that the criminalization of much of the black male population has left them with fewer choices. There is much literature in the root causes of this so I will not discuss it, except to say that a black man with a criminal record will have a very tough time in life.

In addition in a nation with a Eurocentric set of female beauty standards black women don't stack up well as they are built differently, so they have a tougher time attracting the attention of nonblack men than black men get in attracting nonblack women.

So black women invent a mythology of all the "good" black men fleeing to nonblack women. In actual fact 20% of black men, and 10% of black women do. Both stats lower than interracial marriage rates for Asian women and Latinos (both genders). I can only ponder what black women would do if black men intermarried at the same rates that Latino men do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City