Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 01:03 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,930,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Gracias a el arroz con pollo que nadie fue herido
I think someone did die... And clearly he is Dominican.. Look at that sharp fresh line-up..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 01:06 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
18 year old seniora muerte

Old 05-18-2017, 02:39 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,089,772 times
The loco was an ex military man. Maybe he was having PTSD which is why he was taking drugs.

Thanks for your service, bro!

Free Rojas!!!

Old 05-18-2017, 10:07 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,654 times
How Is he 26, have 2 DWIs, and they let the guy back in a car?

One DWI Ok I get it we all **** Up once in a while, but two and the guy is not even 30 yet? There should be some sort of rule about this

What happened to the breathalyzers the court would install in your car .... or was that only in the movies?

Old 05-19-2017, 04:56 AM

43,675 posts, read 44,416,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
How Is he 26, have 2 DWIs, and they let the guy back in a car?

One DWI Ok I get it we all **** Up once in a while, but two and the guy is not even 30 yet? There should be some sort of rule about this

What happened to the breathalyzers the court would install in your car .... or was that only in the movies?
He wasn't drunk so a breath analyzer wouldn't have helped in this situation. He was on some drug or other.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:39 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
Sounds to me like his psychiatric issues were a bigger problem than any drugs or alcohol.

My theory is that he was inspired by the ISIS incidents of cars hitting crowds in dense urban areas and decided this was a good way to get back at the world that he felt was out to get him. I think this should be classified as a terror incident after all.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:01 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Sounds to me like his psychiatric issues were a bigger problem than any drugs or alcohol.

My theory is that he was inspired by the ISIS incidents of cars hitting crowds in dense urban areas and decided this was a good way to get back at the world that he felt was out to get him. I think this should be classified as a terror incident after all.
Unfortunately you mention terror in this country, the hillbilly minds automatically goes to Isis or Islam related. But your right just like the Charleston massacre it is a terror incident.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:46 PM

99 posts, read 168,756 times
The underlying issue here is safety. The metallic poles helped impede the catastrophe from harming more civilians. Imo those wishing to blame local patrol for not doing their job should watch the video, infra. You will notice there's no visual emphatic movement indicating danger via the perpetrator or his vehicle until he makes that split second u-turn. There was absolutely nothing law enforcement (unsure if reasonable suspicion was spotted prior) could've done atm to stop him. They're innocent. If anything, the city should've implemented more metallic poles.

The young lady, Alyssa Elsman, was a tourist, so she wasn't acting out of the norm when the event occurred. She was doing what tourists do, use a device to capture important moments. Here's a video to observe the incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frkpkaMNjsQ

My random person's advice would be is to explore other venues that one could assume would eventually lead to bodily harm such as this situation. Hopefully, one day we have cars that auto-stop when interacting with a stop device that reaches a certain length on the side walk.

I hope the NYPD and the victim's family can find solace in all of this. My prayers go out to the family.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:57 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
they're called bollards

Old 05-19-2017, 10:09 PM

99 posts, read 168,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
they're called bollards
Gotcha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: