Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 07:25 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,309,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Bourdain has been doing TV for about 8 years but has only become "must see" this season. He must have different producers on CNN. The "Queens" episode was good, but the "Laos" show was a masterpiece.
If you watch closely CNN is trying to copy some of VICE programming lately. The hosts are becoming less uptight and permissive in ways they were not in years past. Also a lot more emphasis on artistic camera angles etc.. I think CNN is trying hard to get a younger demographic to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 12:44 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,500,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newforkcity View Post
Meh.

As a native Queensite, I was unimpressed with the show and its ham-fisted preaching. I want to hear about food, not community activists/political organizing (and no, not a Trump voter).
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
No way, he's only thrilled when he's in Europe. There's the show he was in Cambodia and he said the food was gross and even in South America. He came off as pompous HS dropout turned accidental Chef. I was wondering WTF is he traveling to these places and complaining about the food. Andrew Zimmern eats all the craziest stuff and rarely trashes the food and he's eaten spiders and scorpions.

He's changed over the years as he's claimed he's an opportunist. Why complain about food that's going to pay your bills. It was around 2011 when he switched to opening up and praising more than complaining about the food. The only thing he trashes these days is Trump, he shouldn't get political or maybe he does it cater to his viewer's base.
I watched almost all of his episodes of his first show from the early 2000s and he rarely said anything bad about ethnic food.

Like when he went to Mexico, he spoke highly of everything except for iguana meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: