Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:53 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,286,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
Just saw the Orchard Beach fireworks last night .... I don't know if I'll ever go again. Orchard beach parking lot is poorly designed for these sort of events because it only has one road out of the parking lot. Firework last about 25 minutes and were pretty good but were done around 9:45. I got out of the parking lot around midnight. It was absolute chaos trying to have 10,000 cars leave out of a one lane road. Police were absolutely no help in organizing the traffic.
Am not surprised. Am wondering if you expected any better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 06:05 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,196,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am not surprised. Am wondering if you expected any better?
Touché

Although there were so many cops there standing around doing nothing you'd think they have set up some sort of system to better manage traffic flow. Evidently they did not give a damn. It's problematic because cars were zig zagging around frantically and it's a miracle no one in the parking lot got hit or there were no accidents

Old 07-02-2017, 07:07 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,066,350 times
They moved the goddamn Macy's fireworks again. So now the Brooklyn Bridge is the WORST place to see them. So now, Kip's Bay, Turtle Bay and Long Island City or Hunter's Point looks to be the best.
I am going to see sheit from Southbridge.

https://www.macys.com/social/fireworks/where-to-watch/

Old 07-02-2017, 07:21 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,882,405 times
The BX is the most disorganized borough. I am not surprised.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:28 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,196,384 times
Between Co-op City and Orchard Beach the Co-op City show was much better. Your positioned much closer to the fireworks, the fireworks went on for longer, and I'm not sure if it was because of the closer position we have but they felt louder and bigger. The fireworks are lit right across the road from where everyone is sitting in co-op. In Orchard they were lit on a barge that was kind of far away

Old 07-05-2017, 03:36 PM

186 posts, read 220,167 times
Or instead of going to the FDR side, you can head to the brooklyn side of the east river and go to the East River Park and get a front row view with half the crowd.

The thing with Co Op though is that it's in the bronx and it's close to home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: