Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 09:50 PM

329 posts, read 299,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Did someone die at jouvert this year?

I'll wait.
4 stabbed, one shot, Says the Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 10:09 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Did someone die at jouvert this year?

I'll wait.
Yes.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydai...icle-1.3466954

Old 09-04-2017, 10:19 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I worked in the courts at the tail end of the crack era. Treatment programs were offered with the same standards then as they are now:

1) have no previously been offered one in the past and failed to complete it.

2) no prior convictions for certain felonies of the same offense.

You just don't know what you are talking about and yelling "racism!" is easier than doing actual research.

Your comment about the police not "raiding" in white neighborhoods is so comical that I called in a few of my co-workers to show them. One of them told me to tell you that you better not get anyone in power believing your nonsense or else they may stop the overtime generated from all the collars being made in white neighborhoods now instead of the minority hoods like back in the day.
I've done my research. The War on Drugs started out with good intentions and ended up being a disaster for blacks. Plenty of research out there. There's more research to be done, with well meaning intentions that will emerge in the future.

There is a system that disproportionately criminalizes black people, from jaywalking to driving to loitering and many more. For example Ferguson, Missouri gets half of their revenue from outstanding arrest warrants. 75% percent of Ferguson residents had arrest warrants for minor crimes, not violent offenses.

It's upsetting. It's infuriating. and honestly i don't what the answers are. There are white people who honestly think black people are joking "victimizing" and exaggerating when people say racism is real. Should mass incarceration end? I think so. But neither you nor I have easy answers.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:20 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,317,052 times
Quote:
You just don't get it, point is the agenda of today's opiod epidemic is completely different from the crack epidemic. Yea they were roaming around the streets more because nobody cared, the jails were constantly full as is. Let the crackheads and crack roam the streets to ruin communities and break apart families.

Many of those poor little crackheads were vets that fought for your freedom, that weren't receiving the medical help they needed nor the support of the country especially the black vets.
I doubt it. Same ****, different day. I don't pity either. You only pity one for some weird reason.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:33 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
This festival needs to end. Maybe take all the booty dancing to a club or inside Barclays.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Now were those white crackheads who encouraged the growth of these criminal gangs who shot each other up for turf arrested? No!

The reason why Washington Heights became a big drug trafficking area was all the WHITE NJ crackheads driving over the bridge, buying their stuff and then racing back. The gangs then fought each other for turf and murders sky rocketed. But of course the white crackheads don't share the blame for that.
Again, what's with the need to have to shoot each other? You shouldn't shoot other people. It is not nice.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
All one needs to see is that blacks carrying small amounts of weed get more jail time than a white opioid or heroin addict. We even have GOP senators now screaming for Obamacare, when they condemned it before now that WHITE heroin addicts need to receive treatment as taxpayers' expense. And no one calls the freeloaders either.

We have to feel sorry for the Trump opioid addicts who feel depressed because China and Mexico stole their jobs so that is the least that we can do.

The double standards are amazing. Increased burglaries in Staten Island as these addicted "crusties" steal to feed their habits. No talk of that.
No one is getting jail time for having a small amount of weed in this city. They get jail time because they get caught with having a small amount of weed, and then an illegal firearm is found on person. Of course its the weed that put the kid in jail, not the fact they are hiding a gun so they can shoot someone at a party. A party for crying out loud. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of celebration.

Staten Island has got a long ways to go before it comes remotely close in numbers of burglaries that take place in Brooklyn and the Bronx. And forget about the desires to want to shoot other people as what happened this weekend in Central Brooklyn. I don't that would ever happen in Staten Island.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
When I was humiliated by the police some years ago even after they did their usual checks for outstanding warrants and went through my wallet so saw and took my business cards one of the white cops was upset that I didn't have a gun on me so that he could arrest me. His smirk was that I didn't have a gun "this time" but implied that I most likely have an illegal one at home.

So let those Trump racists engage in their KKK screams while they demonize black men, the good and the bad and then expect us taxpayers to pay to detox some silly white Staten I kid who repeatedly gets an overdose, repeated needs to be detoxed, and then goes right back to do it again.

When folks scream that White Privilege is fiction we see this is how it operates.
Or maybe people should just not shoot other people around places were people are simply trying to celebrate their heritage. Simple as that.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:13 AM

148 posts, read 130,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Or maybe people should just not shoot other people around places were people are simply trying to celebrate their heritage. Simple as that.

And MORONS here were challenging my intellect

Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 AM

148 posts, read 130,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3a18d35...tml#mycomments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City