Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 12:46 PM

89 posts, read 151,549 times

Advertisements

Ok so here's the story. I got a ticket back in December 2015. I fought it because I wasn't in the wrong. It was a bogus ticket and it will add points to my license. They scheduled me for a hearing date in December 2016. Why they give me a date a whole year from the time of the offense? I really don't know. I put it on my calendar to make sure I don't forget. Two weeks before my hearing date, they moved it to December 2017. So now I have to see about this ticket 2 years after the offense. But I just got offered a job that will require me to relocate and I'm almost certain I will need to move before the hearing date. What do I do? Will it matter since I'll get a license in the new state anyway? I'm moving to Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 01:58 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,929,858 times
You can just plea guilty and pay the fine now and be done with it. And no, your points will not carry onto your new Georgia licence.. Not sure what will happen if you don't show up for your hearing tho..

Old 10-18-2017, 02:34 PM

89 posts, read 151,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
You can just plea guilty and pay the fine now and be done with it. And no, your points will not carry onto your new Georgia licence.. Not sure what will happen if you don't show up for your hearing tho..
That's what I was thinking. Maybe I should just plea guilty and pay it since I'll have to change over my license anyway. I figured it won't matter.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:56 PM

106,673 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
you lucked out , georgia is one of five states not part of the driver compact agreement .

in all but five states information is passed between states and despite what you hear about out of state tickets not counting it is not true .

Interstate Driver's License Compact Information - DuiArrestHelp.com

Old 10-19-2017, 05:19 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
You can go the location for the hearing now (before the actual date) or even mail them a letter and tell them you are moving and won't be able show up as you will no longer be a local resident. They will either move the date (which probably will not happen) or tell you to plead your case by sending them a letter form (which they can give you).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City