Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 03:43 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDavis View Post
this is strange as they usually take the highest figure
It's cause I freelance and they never know how to handle me. Its so frustrating. Every building is different. Last building they looked at my income for that year which was only 6 months in and not my tax return for the last 3 years, which every year I qualified. Of course as the year ended I was solidly in the bracket but the stupid person took my income for 6 months and said I'd make that much for the year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 04:40 PM

9 posts, read 13,549 times
Hey guys! I know y’all have been asked a million times before in this thread but I figured I will still ask. I received an email on Jan 8th stating I was ineligible for 527 eleventh Ave apartments. The reason being I make to much for the 40% income bracket for 1 person and don’t make enough for the 60% income bracket due to the income I had on file while working with a previous employer. I no longer work for that employer and the employer I have now I make much less. I mailed out my appeal on Thursday with the documents they asked for. I just want to know how long will it take to hear back from them regarding my appeal and how long before I call to follow up with them?

Old 01-15-2019, 02:59 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
only studios left

Old 01-15-2019, 08:33 PM

151 posts, read 136,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
only studios left

Ah Mann. How’d you find this out ?

Old 01-16-2019, 12:33 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeWorldd View Post
Ah Mann. How’d you find this out ?
they said so

Old 01-17-2019, 01:24 PM

Was told management is still reviewing applications by log number. Not sure what number they are even up to but there’s still apartments.

Old 01-19-2019, 02:53 PM

9 posts, read 10,355 times
ok i hope so i sent my last appeal to hpd hoping for some luck

Old 01-20-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie89 View Post
ok i hope so i sent my last appeal to hpd hoping for some luck
They’re taking so long smh how long has your total process been ? And what’s your log number ? (If you don’t mind me asking)

Old 01-20-2019, 08:10 PM

9 posts, read 10,355 times
I first got contacted in Aug .and each appeal was a month long.i had my first interview in mid Oct .but was denied on spot due to past taxes.So my last appeal was rejected again in Jan and i sent my final complaint to hpd .my log # was is high 4**.Im praying its more apartments .they take very long
my last appeal it was a week past a month so i called and it seem as if they hadn't even touched it .so that raised some flags to me.and they just sent me the rejection letter the next day literally after i called to inquire. so i felt.maybe it wasnt no apts left and they also.may have been processing lower log numbers. but btw your post and the other person post lol idk who has correct information..its only studios left or its apts left period .

Old 01-20-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie89 View Post
I first got contacted in Aug .and each appeal was a month long.i had my first interview in mid Oct .but was denied on spot due to past taxes.So my last appeal was rejected again in Jan and i sent my final complaint to hpd .my log # was is high 4**.Im praying its more apartments .they take very long
my last appeal it was a week past a month so i called and it seem as if they hadn't even touched it .so that raised some flags to me.and they just sent me the rejection letter the next day literally after i called to inquire. so i felt.maybe it wasnt no apts left and they also.may have been processing lower log numbers. but btw your post and the other person post lol idk who has correct information..its only studios left or its apts left period .

Sheesh smh. I'm just trying to figure out if anyone has been approved at all or if we just have to continue to wait and keep our hopes up. I didn't ask specifically what size units were left but it's like the only info my interviewer was able to see was that management was "still processing applications by log number"-- wasn't able to see what log number they were up to which sucked but supposedly there are still apts left. I wasn't really looking for a studio, though I don't have a preference at this point. It's just about to be month 5 of waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City