Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 06:43 PM

481 posts, read 427,575 times

Advertisements

It looks like we lost net neutrality, but there are still people fighting to restore it, including Schneiderman, who points to the identity theft scandal surrounding the public comment process (where real millions of New Yorkers’ identities were stolen and used to fake positive comments about the repeal)

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-s...net-neutrality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 06:46 PM

481 posts, read 427,575 times
You can check to see if your identity was used to create a fake comment here https://ag.ny.gov/fakecomments

Old 12-14-2017, 07:06 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
I don't know what people are up in arms for. If there is proof that companies are giving priority based on what data plans you have that's one thing, but this fear mongering and misinformation is ridiculous.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:12 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I don't know what people are up in arms for. If there is proof that companies are giving priority based on what data plans you have that's one thing, but this fear mongering and misinformation is ridiculous.
They were legally not allowed to do that. It would be a criminal case if they actually did give priority.

So why did these companies lobby so hard to repeal these rules if the whole point was that they were working to get repeal for funsies? They just wanted to have the ability to throttle, but they promise they won't? Is that what your thought process is?

Do you even know how the Internet internets? I remember we had to go through a lot of hand holding with you before. The idea of you being even remotely qualified to weigh in on this is pretty funny though.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:53 PM

532 posts, read 787,194 times
I don't get my rep and some dems are against this.
Your dumb a@@ will be hurt too.
Comcast doesn't like you saying racist crap, well slow lane on you.

You like criticizing the government? Well slow lane for you.

Why would you ever side with a corporation? Where their interest isn't you but their bottom line.
If it wasn't a good rule they wouldn't have bought all your senators and try to repeal
It for years.
Some folks are just stupid.
I hope we win but I have a feeling, it won't matter since the current administration runs and owns everything including Supreme Court.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:55 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
Last I noticed, the government was a criminal enterprise.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:14 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,063 times
Quote:
Ok have fun paying more for slow, censored, internet genius

The rest of us who are not Cablevision bootlickers like you recognize this is just another way ISP mega-corporations will scam us and charge us for more for worse quality internet

Old 12-14-2017, 09:20 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Huh? They were doing it before NN was passed, you might want to research that before you claim otherwise.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:45 AM

532 posts, read 787,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
Ok have fun paying more for slow, censored, internet genius

The rest of us who are not Cablevision bootlickers like you recognize this is just another way ISP mega-corporations will scam us and charge us for more for worse quality internet
yup
i'm stuck in an apartment that doesn't allow me to get anything besides cablevision
i'm paying 250 a month for only 400 Mbps
and charging me whatever they want every months
I want fios for more half the price but cablevision won't let me
now imagine without net neutrality they will do even more damage. slow me down and over charge me even more

Old 12-15-2017, 09:08 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
yup
i'm stuck in an apartment that doesn't allow me to get anything besides cablevision
i'm paying 250 a month for only 400 Mbps
and charging me whatever they want every months
I want fios for more half the price but cablevision won't let me
now imagine without net neutrality they will do even more damage. slow me down and over charge me even more
What are you doing with your internet???? Mining bitcoin????

There's no real practical reason to have 400mbps internet. I have 60mbps and pay $70 and it's fast enough for streaming and all the other stuff I do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City