Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 06:54 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times

Advertisements

its because the chinese decided to slow down on buying US treasuries.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ess-attractive

That foreign investment holds back deblasio from bringing the 70s and 80s back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 06:57 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
Uh. what?

Old 01-11-2018, 07:24 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Anyway, I live at the first stop of the A train (207th street), and I used to always get a seat. But during colder days, the whole train is full of homeless people who have set up shop in the subway. Clothes everywhere, and seats look like beds of people just sleeping.

Now I'm not criticizing, just that I am surprised this meth/ homeless problem is making a comeback from the 1980's!

Old 01-11-2018, 07:29 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Nothing new, Nostrand Avenue on the A/C always been junky.

I hate the strip of Fulton Street from Nostrand Avenue, to about Vanderbilt

Always junkies walking around there, despite the gentry

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-11-2018, 07:30 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Anyway, I live at the first stop of the A train (207th street), and I used to always get a seat. But during colder days, the whole train is full of homeless people who have set up shop in the subway. Clothes everywhere, and seats look like beds of people just sleeping.

Now I'm not criticizing, just that I am surprised this meth/ homeless problem is making a comeback from the 1980's!
Thats why they designed the SAS mezzanines to be so big lol

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-11-2018, 07:44 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
quote:

Don't laugh but I laughed at the new smell on the subway in the mornings and afternoons (commuter hours). It smells like nail polish remover. It's some crazy leftover smell of cleaners they are putting down now after people have been complaining how AWFUL like butt the trains smell in the morning. I swear I thought it was ME so many mornings! People comment on it a lot (i've only smelt it like 3 days though), but all three days people were like whaaaaaa? It's totally the MTA disinfecting the trains and causing massive delays. mark my words. Anyone else smell that nail polish remover smell?

Old 01-11-2018, 09:39 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
LOL not the nail polish remover, but more like ass.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:52 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Drugs, sex, crap, ****, none of this is new in NYC's subways and this stuff never got cleaned out, despite the Giuliani propaganda.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:58 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Drugs, sex, crap, ****, none of this is new in NYC's subways and this stuff never got cleaned out, despite the Giuliani propaganda.
Hardly propaganda, Giuliani directed the NYPD to evict the homeless out of subway trains and stations. Bloomberg maintained the policy. As soon as DeBlasio was elected, you could see the difference already in year 1 with the p|ss and feces smells and homeless sprawled out on entire benches. Now in year 5 it's unbearable again, not like the 70's or 80's, but more than enough to suck the whatever quality of life is left underground with the trains breaking down several times a day

Old 01-12-2018, 11:36 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,642,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Hardly propaganda, Giuliani directed the NYPD to evict the homeless out of subway trains and stations. Bloomberg maintained the policy. As soon as DeBlasio was elected, you could see the difference already in year 1 with the p|ss and feces smells and homeless sprawled out on entire benches. Now in year 5 it's unbearable again, not like the 70's or 80's, but more than enough to suck the whatever quality of life is left underground with the trains breaking down several times a day
So true and it will continue to slide again under BDB's current lax, anything goes type of policies. I would not be surprised if it hits 70s/80s levels. It does make the police's job easier...less confrontation with derelicts & criminals means for greater safety for the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City