Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 06:12 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,578,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Now I know when someone says "continental address system" they mean you should google "continental numbering system queens" then scroll past the results for "Continental Lift Truck", "Queens Library", "Number size distributions and concentrations of the continental summer aerosols in Queen Maud Land, Antarctica", and check out a page from someone presumably named Steve Morse on the "Format of Queens Streets". That page while describing the numbering of streets in Queens does not use the phrase "continental numbering" or even the word "continental".

Or I could just ask the person what they meant by continental address system as I can't find any link even with that Google 101 lesson that uses the phrase "continental" address system or numbering. The "continental" part was what I was asking about as I've never heard that used in terms of addresses and still haven't.
I think it was more of a dig at me at if anything, but like I said I apologize for being misleading. I wonder what made me think that, perhaps it was another C word or maybe it actually was mentioned somewhere but is super obscure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: