Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 12:03 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,317,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
He mentioned NYC specifically. How would you know what proportion of loans a particular lender has in NYC? Some lenders are known for being concentrated in particular regions but you'd never know the quality of a region specific loan book until it's too late.

As for building materials and the Mexican peso. For an NYC specific downturn?
The rest of the region and country would not be immune from a significant pullback in NYC real estate. For example, Florida will feel our rumble more than we felt theirs. Actually theirs ended up putting some money back to work here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 06:47 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Janet Yellin, instead of facing a pleasant retirement, should face a firing squad. She took her goal as Fed chairman to be to inflate stock prices. PERIOD.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:54 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Works for me ....... after all if i don't do what was best for me who will. I never complain about tthe dealers , i just learn to play my cards. No action results in no results

Old 02-11-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Janet Yellin, instead of facing a pleasant retirement, should face a firing squad. She took her goal as Fed chairman to be to inflate stock prices. PERIOD.
She didn't seem very independent, and failed to switch course after the presidential election.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:03 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
Firing squad?

She did nothing that hasn’t been done for decades in this country.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:08 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to everyone. but that's nice you got to travel. *shrug* google maps works for me to explore the world. You're not better because you brag about travelling, you just come across more deadbeat doing so.
I'm not bragging, I'm telling the truth. So it's not a brag.

Traveling is mad fun! I haven't traveled out of the country in years but my plan is to start doing that more in my 40s. We can't go rat-watching all day long haha.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-11-2018, 12:50 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Firing squad?

She did nothing that hasn’t been done for decades in this country.

No, I think she took wrong-headedness to a new and unique level. Greenspan was incompetent but this dame was a real balls-up doofus.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:05 PM

108 posts, read 81,586 times
Quote:
Janet pulled another Yellin. Before the meeting, the market dropped a couple percent to scare her and she reacted predictably...to make believe we are still in a deep recession. The scare technique has worked every 3 months on this dimwitted t**t.
The economic PH.D recipient who has spent most of her life on the subject and has applied what she learned has already been replaced by a lawyer with less than 20 years of expertise in the field. I'd start dumping my stocks too if I knew a yes man with not as much expertise in the field as Yellen was going to be in charge of controlling the interest rates.

Yellen kept the interest rate close to 0 and every investor loved it, Trump comes in and causes the market to become overvalued now everyone are dumping their stocks.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyPenguin View Post
The economic PH.D recipient who has spent most of her life on the subject and has applied what she learned has already been replaced by a lawyer with less than 20 years of expertise in the field. I'd start dumping my stocks too if I knew a yes man with not as much expertise in the field as Yellen was going to be in charge of controlling the interest rates.

Yellen kept the interest rate close to 0 and every investor loved it, Trump comes in and causes the market to become overvalued now everyone are dumping their stocks.
I'd say that a lawyer with real-world investment banking experience is better suited for the job than an economist that couldn't find their way out of academia. Although Bernanke didn't have any either, yet he picked up the slack for two clueless presidents.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:17 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I'd say that a lawyer with real-world investment banking experience is better suited for the job than an economist that couldn't find their way out of academia. Although Bernanke didn't have any either, yet he picked up the slack for two clueless presidents.
At the end of the day she helped get us through a recession. Y’all can complain all y’all want about nonsense but someone this current president like to brag about the stock market and economy, she was apart of for almost a decade

Jerome Powell is a former investment banker, who the hell trust an investment banker and a lawyer

Y’all fall for the okie doke everyday along with the rest of trump unqualified picks. I’ll be back in 6-8 years to see how it all planned out. I say we will be in another recession by then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: