Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 02:10 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,793,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I would be all for it. I am so sick of walking and suddenly inhaling someone's disgusting cigarette smoke in Manhattan. A lot of these people are transplants and tourists from Europe who still think that we're living in the damn 70s when smoking cigarettes was supposedly trendy. If you want to die of lung cancer, go right on ahead, but I don't want to inhale your second hand smoke.
I agree. And they usually walk soooooo slow. I try to walk around them but it's torture if you can't & you're stuck behind them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 05:18 PM

6,177 posts, read 4,568,584 times
All the traffic in NYC and you people are worried about some smoke?

Old 03-21-2018, 05:23 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,793,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
All the traffic in NYC and you people are worried about some smoke?
Not worried. It's just annoying.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:59 PM

954 posts, read 942,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I would be all for it. I am so sick of walking and suddenly inhaling someone's disgusting cigarette smoke in Manhattan. A lot of these people are transplants and tourists from Europe who still think that we're living in the damn 70s when smoking cigarettes was supposedly trendy. If you want to die of lung cancer, go right on ahead, but I don't want to inhale your second hand smoke.
QFT.

I have a huge pet peeve about this! I can stand when some jerk is in front of me puffing away. It’s disgusting and annoying. I also hate when they smoke in front my office building. There’s a huge sign that says “no smoking in front of the building”, yet they line up multiple times a day. Puffing away and complaining about how crappy their job is.

To all smokers: Please just kill yourself in private and don’t put the rest of us at risk.

Thank you

Old 03-21-2018, 06:00 PM

15,608 posts, read 15,734,667 times
How about a law against waking and using a cell at the same time?

Old 03-21-2018, 06:11 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,355,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
How about a law against waking and using a cell at the same time?
If i had a dollar for everytime some moron alnost walks into me becsuse they're too busy on their phone I'd buy up all of thr property in Bedstuy and Williamsburg & evict every yuppy. One time i was going up an escalator and when i get to the top this dumb girl almost walks into me and then doesn't even try to go around to the side going down after she realizes what's going on, just walks in another direction and keeps texting.

I wish someone would walk into me and drop their phone and crack it. I'd smile and wall away. People who walk/text without paying attention make my blood boil!

Old 03-21-2018, 06:17 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,780,437 times
It's as bad a dirty tailpipe. They should ban public smoking unless the companies can create a filter for their smoke. I don't care if people are nicotine addicts but smoke is harmful to the public and it's a bad byproduct.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:27 PM

3,862 posts, read 3,167,047 times
This is just dumb. How are they going to enforce this? How many people have been actually ticketed for smikoing indoors? And doesn't the fire department issue these tickets?

So everyone is for big brother beating down on the little man, what is happening to this good city of ours? Everyone going P!

I am tired of this cry baby crap that wants everyone walking around like frigging squares.

So, I Gotta have a horn and lights on my bicycle, get my bag checked to go in the subway, go 50 feet away from buildings to smoke, can't have a beer at the park, can't wish a pretty lady a nice day, put my bag on the subway seat,...

But I can walk the streets topless, have Maryanne in my pocket, drink wine in the park listening to jazz music, get 6 beers at the US open, with no dewi checkpoints. I can use any bathroom I choose, among other things.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:30 PM

34,169 posts, read 47,434,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
But I can walk the streets topless, have Maryanne in my pocket, drink wine in the park listening to jazz music, get 6 beers at the US open, with no dewi checkpoints. I can use any bathroom I choose, among other things.
Who the hell is Maryanne?

The US Open is fun! They even have Moet vending machines!

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-21-2018, 06:34 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,337,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I agree. And they usually walk soooooo slow. I try to walk around them but it's torture if you can't & you're stuck behind them.
The other thing they do now is line up by the office buildings, hide in doorways or stand in the street just off of the sidewalk, which means non-smokers at times have no place to go to not breathe that crap.

Smokers are so ignorant to think that it's okay because it's outdoors. It isn't. That cigarette smoke lingers in the air, sometimes well after the person who was smoking has left the area. Now with these idiots vaping the clouds of smoke can be crazy. They just blow their smoke all over the place. I was on 3rd Avenue the other night. This guy hails a cab, is vaping and then blows out a huge cloud of smoke before getting in, keeping his e-cig lit while getting in the taxi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: