Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 02:21 PM

243 posts, read 310,016 times

Advertisements

@NyWriterDude,

Please do me a favor and do whatever you would like. I would appreciate it if you did.

No where did I ever say I was a recruiter. I'm a receptionist and as noted, I answered the phone. That's what I do. The person who said YO even knew that response was wrong. That's why the person immediately rebounded with this response: OMG! Had I known you were a live person, I would have greeted you differently.

Not sure who ever greets a person with YO to get a job. First impressions are everything and clearly its everything at Starbucks for some managers.

Do as you'd like. Keep me posted on your traction. Also, please copy and paste where I said I was a recruiter as my occupation? Receptionist do administrative work and that includes handling inquiries from potential candidates. I don't get involved with the hiring process. I just receive resumes if that happens to be the inquiry type and pass it to the appropriate parties.

It doesn't have to be clean cut. Nothing wrong with facial hair, but it should managed properly so it doesn't look like a mess. Similar to the Starbucks incident. I think the corn rolls or twists had negative connotations. Also, have you noticed people with curly hair always say they wish they had straight hair and constantly relax their hair to get straight hair, or put grease on their hair to make it straight and manageable? I wonder what that's about? Any insight since you're full of pee and vinegar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 02:22 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,285,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Starbucks is shutting down ALL STARBUCKS stores on May 29th in order to retrain the employees. For the company to take this degree of responsibility, quite CLEARLY the manager was wrong.
Starbucks is just trying to make this go away. They care about profits. Nothing more nothing less.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:31 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
@NyWriterDude,

Please do me a favor and do whatever you would like. I would appreciate it if you did.

No where did I ever say I was a recruiter. I'm a receptionist and as noted, I answered the phone. That's what I do. The person who said YO even knew that response was wrong. That's why the person immediately rebounded with this response: OMG! Had I known you were a live person, I would have greeted you differently.

Not sure who ever greets a person with YO to get a job. First impressions are everything and clearly its everything at Starbucks for some managers.

Do as you'd like. Keep me posted on your traction. Also, please copy and paste where I said I was a recruiter as my occupation? Receptionist do administrative work and that includes handling inquiries from potential candidates. I don't get involved with the hiring process. I just receive resumes if that happens to be the inquiry type and pass it to the appropriate parties.

It doesn't have to be clean cut. Nothing wrong with facial hair, but it should managed properly so it doesn't look like a mess. Similar to the Starbucks incident. I think the corn rolls or twists had negative connotations. Also, have you noticed people with curly hair always say they wish they had straight hair and constantly relax their hair to get straight hair, or put grease on their hair to make it straight and manageable? I wonder what that's about? Any insight since you're full of pee and vinegar?
Oh, I think you are recruiter AlexaMatthews who has now all of a sudden become just the plain receptionist, or you spruced up your LinkedIn. Or you might be someone impersonating her.

"Alexa" works at a major tech company, and I cannot imagine her employer is happy that her name is being used to say some extremely offensive things on City Data, which could damage her brand. If you're trolling and using her name, think legal liability.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:31 PM

@PierrePont7731

Thanks for keeping things real. Your response makes total sense to someone with a real job and is not free lancing as a writer.

NyWriterDude just gets off on playing devils advocate just for the sake of shooting someone down to feel better about ones self.

All the important stuff I mentioned he completely completely ignored cause he knows it is true and cant contest it. Now he's accusing me in being a lesbian.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Starbucks is just trying to make this go away. They care about profits. Nothing more nothing less.
Where did I say otherwise?

For a company to take this degree of responsibility means they admit the manager is wrong, and they are trying to salvage their brand. Otherwise people would boycott the company.

Also no company wants employees that put them in the news in a bad way.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:33 PM

Is your real name NyWriterDude? Think legal liability. Someone would not be happy about you using their name.

I already told you, do me a favor and report it. Also, copy and paste where i write that I'm a recruiter.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
@PierrePont7731

Thanks for keeping things real. Your response makes total sense to someone with a real job and is not free lancing as a writer.

NyWriterDude just gets off on playing devils advocate just for the sake of shooting someone down to feel better about ones self.

All the important stuff I mentioned he completely completely ignored cause he knows it is true and cant contest it. Now he's accusing me in being a lesbian.
If all you are is a receptionist, what would you know about important stuff? You might get yourself an education so you can do more than answer the phones.

Because a receptionist isn't qualified to give out any advice when they can't get hired at substantial jobs themselves.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:34 PM

Don't forget to report PierrePont while you're at it. That's a very common French name. Think legal liability.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:36 PM

I never claimed to know stuff. I have no shame in being a receptionist. That is why I only answer phones/inquires and pass important work to people who do them, and to people who make the big bucks. I don't do anything with resumes but pass it along to the qualified person (a manager) who does the hiring.

I don't do hiring of any kind, nor am I qualified to do it.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:37 PM

Do you think I'm qualified to use a maxi pad when I go through my cycle every 28 days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City