Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 11:46 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,013,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
@NyWriterDude,

I am so confused if you care about this so it doesn't happen again or not. Filing a lawsuit and winning tons of money won't make people change or decide to treat people differently. It is people's own personal preference with respect to how they want to treat people.

Also, not sure what you mean by the manager wasn't trained properly. If she doesn't know right from wrong then that is sad. That is like saying: I need to train this cashier to take money from a customer when they buy coffee because the customer is receiving a product and we need money in exchange for that product. It is just common sense.

I never had anyone teach me to raise my hands when being stopped by a cop or to NOT act belligerent when a cop stops me. But sadly, some parents actually have to teach their kids that. In all honesty, that is common sense. No one should act up when being stopped by a cop and if one does then they are clearly looking for trouble.

A lot of this is common sense and a manual or book can't teach that. If there was a book, it would be titled: DON'T DO DUMB THINGS.

I am sure their parents are embarrassed they went on live TV dressed like that.
Sure it will change the way people behave. Negative personal consequences always do.

The manager does not really care about her customers or who goes into Starbucks. She only cares about her pay check. Had she known she was going to get fired she wouldn’t have done this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
They probably already paid those guys off. They probably paid the employee off too. The training is damage control. It isn't going to reduce litigation risk, but it may disrupt business risk. I don't think this will put Starbucks out of business either. It's not like they accidentally poisoned customers to death.
Yes by now they settled with those two men. The employee has been silent, so they likely settled off with her and had her sign a NDA.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:02 AM

106,897 posts, read 109,156,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Maybe, but with many people feeling the same, with respect to both the actual incident and the management action, a certain sentiment forms that can have negative impact. Reputational risk is difficult to calculate.
a message has gone viral over on facebook about what i posted which from the comments has loads no longer wanting to buy from them .they were unaware of the police issue prior

Old 04-22-2018, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
a message has gone viral over on facebook about what i posted which from the comments has loads no longer wanting to buy from them .they were unaware of the police issue prior
Loads of people claimed they were going to not drink orange juice after the Trayvon Martin incident. And guess what? The citrus industry is still here! People are FOS.

Starbucks will not go out of business because of this. In a few weeks no one will even be talking about this.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:29 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,506,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Loads of people claimed they were going to not drink orange juice after the Trayvon Martin incident. And guess what? The citrus industry is still here! People are FOS.

Starbucks will not go out of business because of this. In a few weeks no one will even be talking about this.
Why would that be? Didn't he buy an Arizona? And wasn't the controversy of George Zimmerman rather than the type of drink he bought?

Old 04-22-2018, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Why would that be? Didn't he buy an Arizona? And wasn't the controversy of George Zimmerman rather than the type of drink he bought?
Ask those people who said they were going to boycott orange juice.

Either way it didn't work.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:36 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,506,661 times
Quote:
Ask those people who said they were going to boycott orange juice.

Either way it didn't work.
Well yeah, Black Friday 2014 was supposed to be a black boycott (due to Mike Brown), it did not seem to make a difference in the long run.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
@NyWriterDude,

I am so confused if you care about this so it doesn't happen again or not. Filing a lawsuit and winning tons of money won't make people change or decide to treat people differently. It is people's own personal preference with respect to how they want to treat people.

Also, not sure what you mean by the manager wasn't trained properly. If she doesn't know right from wrong then that is sad. That is like saying: I need to train this cashier to take money from a customer when they buy coffee because the customer is receiving a product and we need money in exchange for that product. It is just common sense.

I never had anyone teach me to raise my hands when being stopped by a cop or to NOT act belligerent when a cop stops me. But sadly, some parents actually have to teach their kids that. In all honesty, that is common sense. No one should act up when being stopped by a cop and if one does then they are clearly looking for trouble.

A lot of this is common sense and a manual or book can't teach that. If there was a book, it would be titled: DON'T DO DUMB THINGS.

I am sure their parents are embarrassed they went on live TV dressed like that.
Those men collected more than their parents make in a year, and probably in several years. Their parents are proud of them.....................

Old 04-22-2018, 04:08 AM

106,897 posts, read 109,156,575 times
Quote:

i don't care if everyone still buys from them , i won't and that is all that matters to me .

Old 04-22-2018, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i don't care if everyone still buys from them , i won't and that is all that matters to me .
Not even sure why it matters to you. I doubt you were a Starbucks customer before this, and you're certainly not their core demographic.

It's like me saying I don't go to McDonalds. I don't, but big deal. McDonalds does just fine without my business, Starbucks does just fine without yours. The world does not revolve around what one person likes or doesn't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City