Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 02:45 PM

15,827 posts, read 14,468,374 times

Advertisements

All this Chikfilla talk is going to make me go down to midtown and have lunch there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 02:53 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,475,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Went to In-N-Out out west. Couldn't figure out what the fuss was about.
Same. Tasted like a regular ass burger to me.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:44 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Went to In-N-Out out west. Couldn't figure out what the fuss was about.
It's a cheap, fresh burger and it's great for what it is--it isn't the Lord's own steamed hams.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:45 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,885,118 times
I’m going there next week.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:56 PM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Have they added anything new or exciting to the menu or is it just the same ol' done well?
I actually haven't been to Chick-fil-a in a while (I've lived in Hawaii for the past couple of years, where there are no Chick-fil-a locations, unfortunately), so I don't know if they've changed up their menu much. Even if they haven't, they'd still be among the best in the game based on what I'm used to with them.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:07 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I do think it's funny that people think that the quality is so much better at Chik-fil-A. If you disregard all of the crap in the ingredients then yes it's better quality. Made to order food and good customer service should be standards. The fact that these two things set this chain apart is disturbing.
No one said 'made to order'. Chicken cannot be made to order at a fast food place. It takes too long to cook.
I worked at Churches as a teen, and the point I was making is that like you say here, fresh food and good customer service should be standard, but it isn't anymore.

We had a time frame to keep the chicken under the heat lamp, and then it was tossed, period. I want to say about 30 minutes. That is chicken on the bone, tenders or nuggets would not last that long. We threw it away so that no customer ever got stale food. Fries were tossed after around 3 minutes. Very short shelf life to taste yummy.

Now, places do not want the inherent waste and will serve that stale food. One might not encounter it if one is always going at peak times, where everything is turning over from being bought, but eating at non-peak times or choosing an item that isn't flying out the door as fast, one is likely to get stale food.

So, laugh all you want, but knowing that one will not get stale food is one reason to prefer chic-fil-a.

Also, you are, in the OP, comparing to McDonalds. Not other chicken places, who also at least cook from fresh chicken, rather than frozen regurgitated 'chicken nuggets' that are re-fried, which are vomit-inducing even on the rare occasion they are 'made to order'.

Their ck sandwiches are also made from frozen and re-fried. So yes, made FROM fresh boneless, skinless breasts is better.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Same. Tasted like a regular ass burger to me.
Their fries are disgusting! How do they mess up fresh cut fries?

Old 05-13-2018, 07:39 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Their fries are disgusting! How do they mess up fresh cut fries?
They don’t fry them very long or heavily. I like their limp fries! You can also ask for your fries well done which puts them closer to the texture of other fast food fries.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
All this Chikfilla talk is going to make me go down to midtown and have lunch there.
Not on Sundays, you can't!

Old 05-13-2018, 07:42 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,285,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
No one said 'made to order'. Chicken cannot be made to order at a fast food place. It takes too long to cook.
I worked at Churches as a teen, and the point I was making is that like you say here, fresh food and good customer service should be standard, but it isn't anymore.

We had a time frame to keep the chicken under the heat lamp, and then it was tossed, period. I want to say about 30 minutes. That is chicken on the bone, tenders or nuggets would not last that long. We threw it away so that no customer ever got stale food. Fries were tossed after around 3 minutes. Very short shelf life to taste yummy.

Now, places do not want the inherent waste and will serve that stale food. One might not encounter it if one is always going at peak times, where everything is turning over from being bought, but eating at non-peak times or choosing an item that isn't flying out the door as fast, one is likely to get stale food.

So, laugh all you want, but knowing that one will not get stale food is one reason to prefer chic-fil-a.

Also, you are, in the OP, comparing to McDonalds. Not other chicken places, who also at least cook from fresh chicken, rather than frozen regurgitated 'chicken nuggets' that are re-fried, which are vomit-inducing even on the rare occasion they are 'made to order'.

Their ck sandwiches are also made from frozen and re-fried. So yes, made FROM fresh boneless, skinless breasts is better.
You can list any other fast food place... I mean I don't eat at these places, so I just threw Mc Donald's out there since it's a fast food place that serves similar stuff. I know Chik-fil-A serves chicken but they also do fries, but it's all greasy, low quality food in my mind.

That's pretty mind boggling to hear about so much food being thrown away. They should adopt a policy like Pret-A-Manger does and donate what isn't eaten. So the fries were cooked 3 minutes ago... Crazy... I buy fries in the bag (Alexia's organic fries) or buy organic potatoes from Whole Foods, bake them in the oven with a little GMO free olive oil and sea salt. I'm sure my fries blow Chik-a-Fil's fries out of the water. Better quality ingredients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City