Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2018, 08:59 AM

450 posts, read 1,503,704 times

Advertisements

Two 68yr old couple wanting to visit NYC for the very first time and be a tourist. Wanting to see the sites that we have heard about all our lives.

We will park our car at our sons in New Jersey and he will stick us on a train to NYC. Not sure where we want to stay. Thinking about using Airbnb and have seen some that will work just not sure of the location.

Is Airbnb safe? We are both friendly and get along with just about anyone, so sharing a place with someone who lives there would not be out of the question. In fact it may be a blessing just for the experience and someone who knows their way around NYC.

Do you have any suggestions? The one thing we most definitely want see is the 911 Memorial. We don't need to be where all the Broadway Shows are, Radio City Music Hall would be nice but not necessary. We have been to the Statue of Liberty a few years ago.

Thank you all so much for your help. I know I have made a few posts here asking many questions but this will more and likely be our one and only chance to visit NYC and I want to make it right.....

Thanks LeeB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 09:24 AM

766 posts, read 508,024 times
You’ll be able to get a decent Airbnb private room for around $150 a night in manhattan closer to Harlem but convenient to most other areas.

If you don’t mind sharing a space with the host, you can find even cheaper at around $100 or less.

If you are In manhattan you can’t really go wrong with location. The subway will take you anywhere in 20 mins or less. Upper east side may be the most ideal area for you. Quiet, safe and convenient

Old 06-03-2018, 09:28 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
As I said in response to your other thread, look at the POD hotels, 39 or 51 are both in relatively quiet areas but very convenient to public transportation, shopping, food etc. You can get these for under $150 a night. Check it out. I am about your age and not an AirBNB fan, but not from experiences, just don't want to stay in someone else's home. DM me if you want more info

Last edited by Hannah5555; 06-03-2018 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 06-03-2018, 09:40 AM

450 posts, read 1,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
As I said in response to your other thread, look at the POD hotels, 39 or 51 are both in relatively quiet areas but very convenient to public transportation, shopping, food etc. You can get these for under $150 a night. Check it out. I am about your age and not an AirBNB fan, but not from experiences, just don't want to stay in someone else's home. DM me if you want more info
Thanks so much for the response's. Not sure what a POD hotel is 39 or 51? I have no experience with Airbnb either I am just going by what my son is saying...… Hannah5555 I just may DM you, right now I am on my way to church so it will be a while...….She's yelling at me as I type.... LoL

LeeB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City