Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 03:55 PM

17 posts, read 44,137 times

Advertisements

I am planning on switiching to them..any one has an idea about this electric supplier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 07:35 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
It's CALLED Utility Expense Reduction??? Weird name.

I have found that these alternate companies don't save you anything. They may advertise LOW Winter rates and then make the money back with HIGH Summer rates that they are not forthcoming with.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:36 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,071,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
It's CALLED Utility Expense Reduction??? Weird name.

I have found that these alternate companies don't save you anything. They may advertise LOW Winter rates and then make the money back with HIGH Summer rates that they are not forthcoming with.
Most of them are total scams and actually wind up charging you more.Charging less for the electricity itself but then more for the supply and other fees is one of their games. As dreadful as con ed is,at least they are straightforward in how they *********.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,678 times
This thread is a year old, but its worth replying to. I used to work for Utility Expense Reduction. There's little to no documented information on the company.. thus why I am replying here. The company is more or less a scam. So are most ESCOs.

When you sign up, they will tell you you will be given a 'reduction'. In fact, only the opposite happens--Your bill can experience an increase of up to 20% per month. The company takes over the supply portion of your bill (not delivery as the poster above mistakenly posted) and raises your rate well above the utility. While Con Ed is on a rate of $.08kwh, you will be put on a variable rate that can be as high as $.16kwh. The whole scam is set up so you can be talked into a 'lower' fixed rate.. which is never as low as the utility.. usually $.10 to $.12 kwh/hour. In general, you will never see any savings with an ESCO.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:04 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR_GMR View Post
This thread is a year old, but its worth replying to. I used to work for Utility Expense Reduction. There's little to no documented information on the company.. thus why I am replying here. The company is more or less a scam. So are most ESCOs.

When you sign up, they will tell you you will be given a 'reduction'. In fact, only the opposite happens--Your bill can experience an increase of up to 20% per month. The company takes over the supply portion of your bill (not delivery as the poster above mistakenly posted) and raises your rate well above the utility. While Con Ed is on a rate of $.08kwh, you will be put on a variable rate that can be as high as $.16kwh. The whole scam is set up so you can be talked into a 'lower' fixed rate.. which is never as low as the utility.. usually $.10 to $.12 kwh/hour. In general, you will never see any savings with an ESCO.
good info

Old 04-17-2017, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,322 times
Default Utility Expense Reduction (UER) is a scam

They will quote you a price less than your current rates, but will then charge you 2-3x as much as what you are currently paying. They charge $400 to cancel, which is how they make their money. If you complain about the false pricing, they will laugh at you and dare you to do anything about it.

After several phone calls totaling over two hours, I got them to waive the cancellation fee. But then I found they only cancelled the electric portion, not the gas. I thought I was done with them, but I guess not.

Do not make the same mistake I did.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,394 times
Someone came to my house and said that I would get a reduced rate from .12kwh to .8kwh a month. Then I got a call to verify that I wanted to change and that guy said that my rate can change month to month (variable rate). The guy that came to my house never told me that. NOT HAPPY!! Thank goodness I did not agree at this point. BEWARE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City