Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2018, 07:07 PM

31,989 posts, read 27,154,472 times

Advertisements

Two drivers having a beef over a spot wasn't even legal.

https://www.westsiderag.com/2018/07/...other-to-court
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 08:45 PM

16,171 posts, read 6,918,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Two drivers having a beef over a spot wasn't even legal.

https://www.westsiderag.com/2018/07/...other-to-court

Thanks for the info. Parking is a really big thing at least to me it was.
I have sold my home twice because of parking and moved to a location where parking is no longer an issue.
It makes absolutely no sense owning a car if living and working in Manhattan as portrayed in the short film.
The only way I would live in Manhattan is if my building provided a spot to park my car everyday.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:51 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,367,032 times
One of our "musts" when we bought our unit was included parking. What a godsend. My friends in Park Slope seriously live their lives around the parking spots, "We're taking Uber up to your place because we don't want to lose our spot..." or if they need something from a store that is not in walking distance, they will go without or take Uber to the store. Why have a car? That would drive me crazy.

I don't know why, but the video linked reminded me of the Odd Couple episode when they won the car and were taking turns trying to find parking and going nuts.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Thanks for the info. Parking is a really big thing at least to me it was.
I have sold my home twice because of parking and moved to a location where parking is no longer an issue.
It makes absolutely no sense owning a car if living and working in Manhattan as portrayed in the short film.
The only way I would live in Manhattan is if my building provided a spot to park my car everyday.

One egit was from Yonkers, the other from Queens; both want their heads examined for getting into such a beef over a spot you cannot leave your vehicle parked in first place. There are hydrants all over West 77th, go stand in front of another.

Now if it had been an actual spot, still doesn't justify putting your hands on someone, but can see how things would get heated.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
One of our "musts" when we bought our unit was included parking. What a godsend. My friends in Park Slope seriously live their lives around the parking spots, "We're taking Uber up to your place because we don't want to lose our spot..." or if they need something from a store that is not in walking distance, they will go without or take Uber to the store. Why have a car? That would drive me crazy.

I don't know why, but the video linked reminded me of the Odd Couple episode when they won the car and were taking turns trying to find parking and going nuts.

When moved into city from SI soon gave up any idea of owning. Far easier to rent, even if for a week or so at time then deal with the hot mess that is parking.

That being said, yes, if do have a vehicle and have found a spot, it is going to take some sort of emergency for me to move and perhaps lose the thing. If it is on weekend or other time when plenty of spots are easily found, then ok. But M-F, a holiday where next day ASP isn't suspended? Nope, won't do it; will take a taxi, mass transit or whatever, but am not moving that vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: