Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 12:08 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
They probably liked the arbitrary middle and end of a month.

Also, today's the 29th so that means the Lower East Side ferry has launched. Anyone ride that?
No, probably never will. I think it takes me 20 min to walk to the LES terminus. I'll just take the J to Financial District and M to LIC using my unlimited MTA card. RIP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 11:15 AM

3,921 posts, read 9,130,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
My Parkchester tenant took a ride on the ferry, just for fun last weekend. There is no convenient public transportation from Parkchester to the ferry, but the person who drove my tenant has a car, and plans to commute daily to his job in Manhattan on the ferry. There will be three more car-less people hitching the ride with him from Parkchester to the ferry daily (my tenant works in the Bronx, will not be using the ferry very often, just wanted to see what it was like. She loved the ferry!).
The Bx39 runs from Parkchester to Clason Point but ends a few blocks from the ferry terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I didn’t know that it was just select BX27 buses that went there—seems really limiting. It’s odd that they don’t have both buses get close. Maybe the roundabout is too small for buses.
They were ridiculously cheap with not extending every Bx27 bus. For the Bx39, I heard it had to do with the fact that it had articulated buses, and wouldn't be able to fit with all the Bx27 buses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City