Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 07:34 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I thought the same thing as well. Not for nothing, losing 5 dollars is probably a big thing for the Chinese woman. If she is not legal, she may face deportation for her actions. For that Asian woman, 5 dollars might be a meal for her, or money that can be used to send back to China to feed families in rural areas. As for the black woman, just pay the 5 dollars and look elsewhere for beauty within your community. Maybe do Mary Kay network marketing system, or open your own beautician shop for your community.
Here's the thing I think the minimum for Western Union is like $20. She was getting no tip regardless. $5 was just the base price. Let's say we believe the owner and she didn't want to pay for the other stuff she got which the total would be $25. Still not worth it. You got 10 people working in the shop that $25 doesn't even cover tip for any of them. It literally goes to operating expenses and maybe not even rent.

These shops rely on numbers and lots of customers every single day. The opportunity cost for making a big deal over $25 cost them potentially $25k depending on how long this protest goes on. In the World Journal (NY Chinese online news) they report on racial tensions and this news is available in Chinese. So there really is no excuse on not knowing what the current political racial climate is in NYC between Blacks and Chinese. They reported extensively on the Peter Liang situation.

Yeah I know some of these immigrants literally survive on $5 a day eating rice and some slop in cramped apartments with 10 to a 2 bedroom taking shifts. I used to live in Elmhurst among them. But Chinese immigrants really need to learn that Black people don't tolerate attitude and disrespect. (Hispanics don't either) A White person will pay and leave but generally we will make a fuss on the spot. This is happening in Africa right now as China tries to take over there. They are getting their businesses shut down by the Kenyan government and everything because they have a big attitude and treat Blacks like second class citizens in their own country.

The problem is again we are dealing with country bumpkins with no manners. These immigrants are those who would not last a day in major Chinese cities. They would be fired immediately let alone never hired to begin with due to lack of manners and common sense.

In this situation the Chinese woman has a lot more to lose. They need to wise up.

As far as Black Women, they really need to stop patronizing Korean and Chinese establishments. They complain a ton about them on social media but keep patronizing the stores that treat them like sh**.

There was a liquor store where the staff kept following me around and asking me if I needed help every single time I came. (To the point of being obnoxious) guess what I no longer go there. This store is owned by American Whites. Go figure, the liquor store not too far from them which is Korean owned doesn't give me any problems. Therefore I patronize them.

Nobody who annoys me gets my money, period.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:38 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
This is where perception comes in to play.

What I saw was 3 black females in a verbal altercation with 2 Asian ladies holding brooms and an Asian guy on the phone (looks like they were trying to prevent the black females from leaving and the Asian guy was probably calling the cops because they didn't want to pay).

A 3rd Asian lady ran over to assist preventing the 3 black females from leaving and the black female in the gray shirt hit (or pushed) the Asian female in the blue shirt. The black female in the dark gray shirt then came out swinging at the Asian female in the blue shirt and that's when the other 2 Asian females started beating her with the brooms (like a beating out a dusty floor mat lmao). The black lady in the gray shirt tried to separate (or pull back) the black female in the dark gray shirt but it was too late (dark gray shirt already tasted blood and was going for that ultrrrrrrrrrra!!!).

The Asian guy and the black female in the gray shirt was still trying to pull dark gray shirt off the Asian lady in the blue shirt but that's not stopping her (the beast is loose!). Meanwhile the third black female steps in to prevent the Asian females from beating the black female in the gray shirt like a dusty floor mat and she starts getting smacked up with the brooms so she go all out. 2 Asian females trying to restrain her (but they don't know that raw black female strength!!!). Black female in black shirt fends of 2 Asian females, drags a 3rd by her hair (the one that hit her with the broom) then goes back in for 2 more. She now taking on 5 by herself!! And she still trying to go after the one that hit her with the broom that she was dragging on the floor.

Finally Asian broom girl that got dragged on the floor started beating black shirt with the broom (Kendo style) till she was out the door (more than likely she went to go get backup)

Asian broom girl got the fire in her now!! She then turns and start swinging the broom on the female in the dark gray that started this whole ****. Asian female in pink apron is trying to take the broom from her but its not working (her fire is too strong, Kendo class is not over yet!!) and she starts beating the lady in the gray shirt like she practicing Kendo!!

Asian guy and Asian female in blue shirt still trying to restrain the female in the dark gray shirt that started this whole ****. Asian females back off but they not done!!!! The black female in the black shirt that left the store came back.....with backup!!! and it look like its a guy. Asian chicks grab brooms trying to keep them from coming into the store which seem to work and the female that started the whole **** still over there arguing while the one in the gray shirt trying to calm down the situation.

If the black females would have just calm the **** down and didn't try to leave this brawl wouldn't have happened. All over a matter of $5
Now THIS is how a recap is done! "Kendo class is not over yet!" On the floor over here!

Old 08-08-2018, 07:44 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
If this was Black women brawling with other Black women, this wouldn't be an issue with the Black community and there would be no protest to shut it down. Instead we would see the Black community and Black E-community making countless memes and the hood would be yelling "WORLD STAR!!". Since its Asians defending themselves from these Black hoodlums, NOW its an issue, NOW its racism, NOW its national attention, NOW its time for internet activism.

GIMME A BREAK. The Black community needs to level up, I don't care how you feel because deep down you know you feel the same.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Now THIS is how a recap is done! "Kendo class is not over yet!" On the floor over here!
This is very entertaining and all but someone could have gotten shot over a poorly done eyebrow.

This isn't 1979 these ladies are too old to be fighting and the whole bruce lee act is going to get them popped. They don't understand there are no guns in China but plenty of people carry heat here even in NYC (illegally).

This is why being around too many people with low education levels (regardless of race) is very dangerous. They do stupid things and don't think before they act.

That manager could not have been paying them enough for all this over $25 risking life and limb over this non-sense.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
If this was Black women brawling with other Black women, this wouldn't be an issue with the Black community and there would be no protest to shut it down. Instead we would see the Black community and Black E-community making countless memes and the hood would be yelling "WORLD STAR!!". Since its Asians defending themselves from these Black hoodlums, NOW its an issue, NOW its racism, NOW its national attention, NOW its time for internet activism.

GIMME A BREAK. The Black community needs to level up, I don't care how you feel because deep down you know you feel the same.
How about stop opening business in low income ghetto areas where people are gonna test your mettle on the daily basis.

What American do you know is going to a foreign country deliberately opening business establishments in the ghettos of Ecuador, China, Brazil or Russia?

Old 08-08-2018, 07:56 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
No I do not. I never want that. Maybe you do? Most blacks in NYC are black Americans. Show me proof that black immigrants out number black Americans?
What's a Black American? There are a lot of Blacks in NYC who are just first or second generation Americans and their parents come from wherever. I'm not convinced that in 2018 that most Black New Yorkers have all sides of their family from the South.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:59 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
My point is that immigrant businesses provide goods and services that people in various communities want. If you go to cities with low immigrant populations and then go to poor black neighborhoods what is obvious is the fact that its liquor stores, check cashing, and not much else.

NYC poor communities are more vibrant because of the large numbers of immigrants who own businesses in places where mainstream entities have no interest in being. All that I demand is that what is offered is quality and service is up to par.

And what is wrong with your mother supporting Caribbean people? Maybe black Americans should do more of that. And I bet that your mother went there because she had a need for certain cultural specific products/services and it was these businesses who best provided this.

I currently use a Caribbean laundry store because his service is considerably superior to that rude and impersonal service that the Koreans have provided. No interest in spending my money with people who don't respect the fact that I am providing them with a living.
I loved immigrant owned businesses for cheap food (Chinese, Dominican, Colombian, West Indian, South Asian, etc) or cheap services like laundromat, dry cleaning, etc. They certainly have a place in big cities, and let's be honest, they provide the services at lower prices than it would be if you paid an American of any race to do those jobs. If businesses in these neighborhoods were strictly legal enjoy that 20 dollar take out.

And no 5 dollar eyebrows. Maybe 30 dollars, if not more.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:39 AM

5,123 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Default State Assemblywoman denounces the nail salon incident as a “hate crime.”

The salon brawl between a small business struggling to make ends meet and an unhappy customer family who tried not to pay for a subpar service has now been elevated to a new political height, thanks to Diana C. Richardson, the State Assemblywoman who oversees the district of Flatbush.

Her timely participation in this dispute that was not racially motivated from the beginning will once again highlight the grim civil right situation that our black residents still endure in the year of 2018…

I invite all our NYC social justice warriors, employed or not, take a day off this Saturday, Aug 19, 2018, to join our parade outside the Salon, demanding that the owner and employees openly apologize to, in the witness of us social justice warriors, the black victim. Such unprofessional business practices should be closed down immediately to serve as a warning to other small business owners in ghetto neighborhoods that they need always respect their customers’ interests and demands unconditionally. No more brawls allowed in ghettos, period.

Protests erupt in front of East Flatbush nail salon after brawl goes viral | Brooklyn Daily Eagle

Old 08-13-2018, 08:43 AM

5,123 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Angry Protesters Keep Heat On Brooklyn Nail Salon: 'Black Dollars Matter!'

Angry Protesters Keep Heat On Brooklyn Nail Salon: 'Black Dollars Matter!': Gothamist

Old 08-13-2018, 08:53 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
The black victim??? Did she die or something? She caught an ass whopping for trying to not to pay.

I remember getting bad haircuts. I paid for them and never went back to that barber. If you don't like the treatment that you are getting at a retail store, restaurant, etc. Write a Yelp review with your experience and protest with your money by not going back there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City