Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 02:43 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times

Advertisements

OP only list neighborhoods in Manhattan and NJ yet the threat title reads NYC, LOL. NJ is NOT part of NYC dude!

I'll give you some free advice: real NYC happens outta Manhattan too, go to the boro's and see how people really live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 02:44 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,927,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomindy View Post
The uber hot ones moved to Far West Hell's Kitchen.. let's have a kiki
Uber? Like the for hire vehicle?

Old 08-23-2018, 02:50 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,299 times
This is extremely subjective.

Positive: Forest Hills Gardens, Fieldston (Riverdale)
Negative: East New York, Morrisana

Here's another one -
Positive: Westchester, Bergen. Rockland
Negative: Hudson, Nassau, Orange, Suffolk

I like grit and dive bars, the next might like rooftops and yuppie type establishments. I like hole in the walls, the next might like Chipotle. I like studios, the next might like mansions. It's more of a personal assessment than a quantitative one of the area.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:04 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
This is extremely subjective.

Positive: Forest Hills Gardens, Fieldston (Riverdale)
Negative: East New York, Morrisana

Here's another one -
Positive: Westchester, Bergen. Rockland
Negative: Hudson, Nassau, Orange, Suffolk

I like grit and dive bars, the next might like rooftops and yuppie type establishments. I like hole in the walls, the next might like Chipotle. I like studios, the next might like mansions. It's more of a personal assessment than a quantitative one of the area.
I like Cypress Hills but the rest of ENY I find to be depressing.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:23 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
In the top Positive Pile,Lenox Hill/Turtle Bay/Midtown East/Lower UES , I would certainly add Carnegie Hill.

Chelsea? How can you beat all those beautiful bulging men on Seventh and Eighth Avenue on a Sunday afternoon?

You must live in a dream world, that or know a different Chelsea than rest of us.

Weekday or weekend afternoons see mostly middle-aged to elderly gay men in Chelsea (and this incudes 8th and 7th avenues) by a large majority. And the only "bulges" are their bellies.

Yes, there are some young guys down there (gay or straight), but by and large the "hot" or whatever men you are describing are found north of Chelsea in Hell's Kitchen. That and or even parts of Astoria or elsewhere.

Much of West Village and Chelsea gay wise resembles those areas in general; wealthy to upper class gays (with or without children), and or those lower down on the socio-economic scale including aging disco queens with bad dye jobs of what is left of their hair.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:42 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You must live in a dream world, that or know a different Chelsea than rest of us.

Weekday or weekend afternoons see mostly middle-aged to elderly gay men in Chelsea (and this incudes 8th and 7th avenues) by a large majority. And the only "bulges" are their bellies.

Yes, there are some young guys down there (gay or straight), but by and large the "hot" or whatever men you are describing are found north of Chelsea in Hell's Kitchen. That and or even parts of Astoria or elsewhere.

Much of West Village and Chelsea gay wise resembles those areas in general; wealthy to upper class gays (with or without children), and or those lower down on the socio-economic scale including aging disco queens with bad dye jobs of what is left of their hair.
The older guys aren’t commonly obese or pot-bellied, though certainly people there seem to swing on the older as in 40s and up.

Chelsea’s quite nice overall except for when the tourists get to be a bit much around certain parts like the Whitney.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
The older guys aren’t commonly obese or pot-bellied, though certainly people there seem to swing on the older as in 40s and up.

Chelsea’s quite nice overall except for when the tourists get to be a bit much around certain parts like the Whitney.
I'm not talking about commonly, just what one has observed being down in Chelsea on average once or twice a week.

Much of the "pot belly" going around down there seems to be what commonly happens to guys that once were very muscular but let themselves go. This and or having or still using steroids.

Case in point:

While yes (again) there still plenty of gays (young) in Chelsea, Hell's Kitchen beats that place in terms of "hot buffed/muscular" gay male action.

A quick Google turned up this: https://www.datalounge.com/thread/12...s-kitchen-gays

Old 08-23-2018, 08:30 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
After a quick read I somewhat agree with the assessment. You'll offend people with the Euro trash comment but it's funny because that used to be a common slur and they used to be much more prevalent in the 90s and now there's a resurgence again.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:28 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
All your hoods sound negative!

Old 08-24-2018, 05:48 AM

West Village began changing due to the HIV/Aids epidemic. In the decades after 1980's many younger gays and others moved on to Chelsea in part to get away from bad memories I suppose.

The gays leaving sort of left a void, it was soon filled by less savory elements, but slowly things began to pick up. Then came 9/11/01 which killed downtown from Financial District right up through WV.

It took a while, but not long as some thought for Tribeca, Soho, Wall Street and even WV to get back in their stride. What helped was and still is the shift of money (especially young or new) from uptown to Chelsea and areas south.

Bloomberg saving the High Line (after Rudy G. gave the ok for demolition) is what killed off much of what was left of "old" WV and Chelsea.

One of the reasons you don't see so many "hot/buffed" or whatever young gay men down there is that Chelsea/WV has become a very expensive place to live. Meanwhile until the whole Hudson Yards/Far West Side thing picked up steam Hell's Kitchen offered reasonably (for Manhattan anyway) priced housing.

It is like someone already said; Greenwich Village is mostly all NYU and money. West Village is just money! *LOL*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City