Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 09:26 AM

12,799 posts, read 8,424,220 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised no one has posted this one. I think it could be a serial killer. Very creepy either way...

https://abc7ny.com/body-parts-in-bag...bronx/4082482/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 09:29 AM

34,168 posts, read 47,673,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I'm surprised no one has posted this one. I think it could be a serial killer. Very creepy either way...

https://abc7ny.com/body-parts-in-bag...bronx/4082482/
That smell.....in this heat......

Big SMH

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-29-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
That smell.....in this heat......

Big SMH
Yeah that also... I heard on the news that it was the smell the first time. Body had been sitting in the garbage can for a while... I'm telling you, if you have ever smelled death, the smell hits you in the pit of your stomach. I can't describe it, but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:39 AM

34,168 posts, read 47,673,463 times
Quote:
Yeah that also... I heard on the news that it was the smell the first time. Body had been sitting in the garbage can for a while... I'm telling you, if you have ever smelled death, the smell hits you in the pit of your stomach. I can't describe it, but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
I read somewhere that cops put Vicks Vaporub in their nose when they have to deal with dead bodies

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-29-2018, 09:43 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,841,356 times
Quote:
I'm telling you, if you have ever smelled death, the smell hits you in the pit of your stomach. I can't describe it, but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Ugh. I can only imagine. Well...not even that! I am curious though.
But am content it remaining... just a curiosity.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I read somewhere that cops put Vicks Vaporub in their nose when they have to deal with dead bodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Ugh. I can only imagine. Well...not even that! I am curious though.
But am content it remaining... just a curiosity.
We had a neighbor that died several years ago in the summer time and another neighbor alerted management after not having seen the guy for a while. He had died of natural causes while in the apartment. I'll spare you the details, but supposedly the apartment was unbearable with the smell. It spilled out into the hallway even and lasted for several weeks. Had no choice but to burn incense and prop open the front door to let some air in to air out the hallway.

In this case though, they aren't sure if this body is tied to the other body parts found earlier or not, but either way, they definitely need to find this guy. I haven't heard of this happening anywhere in NYC in quite some time.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:02 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,006,636 times
Quote:
The smell of death and rotting flesh takes some getting use to. Im use to it by now having to deal with livestock back home. Before coming to America we use to live in walking distance to a pond that smelled like pure sulfur, finding a dead cattle, a goat or a pig in 90 degree weather was much more pleasant on the nostrils than a sulfur pond.

Seems that someone was watching too much Dexter .

Old 08-29-2018, 12:08 PM

19,138 posts, read 14,168,191 times
Quote:
Nah, you get used to it. I've eaten lunch sitting with smelly bodies while waiting for the ME van to come numerous times.

Best description is musty rotten eggs. A really ripe one goes beyond smell and has a "feel" in the air. That part is hard to describe.

Fresh bodily fluids actually smell worse in my opinion. Large amounts of fresh blood give off a metallic smell from all the iron that really sticks in your mouth. Especially when a person is in the process of dying while spilling out fresh blood. Yuck.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-29-2018, 12:46 PM

1,486 posts, read 1,006,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Nah, you get used to it. I've eaten lunch sitting with smelly bodies while waiting for the ME van to come numerous times.

Best description is musty rotten eggs. A really ripe one goes beyond smell and has a "feel" in the air. That part is hard to describe.

Fresh bodily fluids actually smell worse in my opinion. Large amounts of fresh blood give off a metallic smell from all the iron that really sticks in your mouth. Especially when a person is in the process of dying while spilling out fresh blood. Yuck.
Damn!! And here I thought I experienced some unique smells when we use to butcher animals back home or stumble on a dead mongoose or dog that got hit by a car, or someone who washed up on shore due to riptide. But yea that feel in the air is something the first time you get it, And the ones that have weak stomachs puke when they see a fresh one...….

Old 08-29-2018, 01:52 PM

19,138 posts, read 14,168,191 times
I’m a hunter as well, so none of it bothers me. I gut and butcher my own.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: