Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 03:32 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,357,401 times

Advertisements

Wow, I was in a very similar situation that this poor woman was in back when I was 19-20. My best friend was dating a very abusive guy and whenever I got involved, he would threaten to kill the both of us, especially if we got police involved. And yet she always went back to him, even if we had spent the whole night before locked up in my bedroom listening to him banging on the door. I finally got tired of her making excuses for him and cut off communication and she eventually, years later, left him.

It’s a bad situation to be in as a friend watching from the outside. If you do nothing, there’s the fear of your friend ending up like that poor pregnant woman in Colorado. If you do something, there’s the chance of you ending up like this poor woman here. Personally, after dealing with my aforementioned friend. I developed a rule: I’ll help a friend get out of an immediately dangerous situation, but I won’t interfere again if they return and stay in the relationship. It’s just not worth the drama and risk of real harm to myself.

And frankly, I have NEVER understood why women, especially pretty/beautiful, intelligent women, date ex-cons, especially those who went to jail for violent crimes. I don’t get the appeal at all and have always refused to date anyone with a record (well, minor crimes like pot possession don’t count). Even if they swear to all the gods that they are reformed, there’s simply the logistical issues (e.g., financial instability if he can’t hold a job, limitations traveling if they’re on parole, etc). It’s sad that so many women take up with men known to be violent who then end up becoming victims, but, as the song says, “you knew I was a snake before you let me in.” It’s enough of a hassle being on the lookout for “nice guys” who turn out to be jerks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 03:56 PM

1,486 posts, read 992,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Wow, I was in a very similar situation that this poor woman was in back when I was 19-20. My best friend was dating a very abusive guy and whenever I got involved, he would threaten to kill the both of us, especially if we got police involved. And yet she always went back to him, even if we had spent the whole night before locked up in my bedroom listening to him banging on the door. I finally got tired of her making excuses for him and cut off communication and she eventually, years later, left him.

It’s a bad situation to be in as a friend watching from the outside. If you do nothing, there’s the fear of your friend ending up like that poor pregnant woman in Colorado. If you do something, there’s the chance of you ending up like this poor woman here. Personally, after dealing with my aforementioned friend. I developed a rule: I’ll help a friend get out of an immediately dangerous situation, but I won’t interfere again if they return and stay in the relationship. It’s just not worth the drama and risk of real harm to myself.

And frankly, I have NEVER understood why women, especially pretty/beautiful, intelligent women, date ex-cons, especially those who went to jail for violent crimes. I don’t get the appeal at all and have always refused to date anyone with a record (well, minor crimes like pot possession don’t count). Even if they swear to all the gods that they are reformed, there’s simply the logistical issues (e.g., financial instability if he can’t hold a job, limitations traveling if they’re on parole, etc). It’s sad that so many women take up with men known to be violent who then end up becoming victims, but, as the song says, “you knew I was a snake before you let me in.” It’s enough of a hassle being on the lookout for “nice guys” who turn out to be jerks.
These women love bad men cause thats what they seek out. Ive been dating for more than 20 years and its always the same sad story coming from these females. They want drama, they want fire, they want to spice things up. The sit their asses at home and watch all these reality TV drama shows like basketball wives, real housewives, love and hiphop, etc then they somehow come to a conclusion that if they don't have drama in their relationship then its not healthy. So they seek out someone where they can feed off that drama energy so why not someone fresh out of prison? that's tons of drama right there

I dated a few females that would start arguments with me for the most stupidest **** to create drama because they thought "makeup sex" after an argument was better than regular sex. And when I say the most stupidest arguments I mean the most stupidest arguments like asking me a hypothetical question and asking me to answer honestly and when I answer they got mad of the answer even though it was a hypothetical question.

I remember arguing in the middle of the night because one of these drama females went to the bathroom and apparently I hung the toilet paper wrong. I always hang the toilet paper under but apparently that wrong and according to her and its supposed to be hung over.

A soon as I see these drama females I go the opposite way.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:45 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,246,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Basically I got a written rule, if you find out somebody is from the Bronx you keep your distance from them.
Small minded people live small minded lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Wow. Way to paint all Bronx residents with a broad brush...….
I know That's like boro-ism!

Old 08-31-2018, 04:51 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,740,996 times
Quote:
Stats don't lie, as an investor I make decisions based on analytics. Well to do people don't want to be associated with people from less desirable areas because they do not want to be associated with people who are more likely to commit crimes of opportunity and passion.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:52 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,313,916 times
Quote:
If they fenced off most of the South Bronx and started over again, maybe the Bronx could have a chance... There's just too much supportive housing down there. Blow it up and re-start again.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:06 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,246,798 times
Quote:
Stats don't lie, as an investor I make decisions based on analytics. Well to do people don't want to be associated with people from less desirable areas because they do not want to be associated with people who are more likely to commit crimes of opportunity and passion.
Get out of your bubble dude.

Last edited by livingsinglenyc; 08-31-2018 at 05:19 PM..

Old 08-31-2018, 05:17 PM

1,486 posts, read 992,199 times
Quote:

So you saying if we both worked at the same firm for years, laughed at the same jokes, had fun at the holiday party toasting drinks at the open bar with top shelf liquor, and then you found out I lived in the Bronx you would distance yourself from me because im all of a sudden more likely to commit a crime if I was given the opportunity ?

I got no words for your way of thinking, but that's thought process, that's your mode of operation, and that's how you go about your daily life, and It works for you. I hope for your sake you dont have an issue and someone from the Bronx is the only one who can fix it knowing what you think of them.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:22 PM

5,852 posts, read 2,970,163 times
Quote:
So you saying if we both worked at the same firm for years, laughed at the same jokes, had fun at the holiday party toasting drinks at the open bar with top shelf liquor, and then you found out I lived in the Bronx you would distance yourself from me because im all of a sudden more likely to commit a crime if I was given the opportunity ?

I got no words for your way of thinking, but that's thought process, that's your mode of operation, and that's how you go about your daily life, and It works for you. I hope for your sake you dont have an issue and someone from the Bronx is the only one who can fix it knowing what you think of them.

Its not the Bronx. Its the ethnicity.

Bronx is beautiful from every angle except the garbage that lives there.

Enjoy this.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:51 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,151,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post

I have seen this myself. It bothered me that guys, good hardworking ones who had no violence in them got turned down, and the women they wanted a chance with went with bad men who were violent, had 3 kids with 3 different women (none which they supported) or just mooched off the women until they couldn't anymore and moved on to the next. Knew a few guys like the latter especially.

I saw men who went with women who were trouble also on the other side. I have a friend who moved from NY to FL with a maniac who would attack him over nonesense. Furniture got smashed, police got called-he wouldn't listen to me telling him to run. Finally she bugged out and ran to another state. I dont understand this world and society a lot of the time. I really don't. Thank the universe im married-If I was not, off to a remote cabin somewhere, no more dating too many nuts and drama. I aint kidding.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:11 PM

16,140 posts, read 6,886,261 times
There is a lesson to be learned in all of this.
Learn to distance yourself from those who continually perpetuate crime.
Chances are more in ones favor when "hanging out" with good people than with bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: