Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 12:43 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times

Advertisements

Those of us fortunate to have good jobs may still feel a sense of unease, anxiety, or dread of Mondays. How do you guys manage that on Sunday nights ? If any of you guys take mental health days, whats your favorite activity and place to do it in the City ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 12:44 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times

Old 10-14-2018, 12:58 PM

Yup. Actually Pre Monday Syndrome, PMS.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:01 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times
One way to deal with it is to do work on Sunday. I actually go into the office sometimes to ensure that my Monday morning goes smoothly. I have a bunch of projects to finish tomorrow, plus a meeting Downtown, plus some financial reports to complete, so it's best to do the tediius things when no one is around. No e-mails to answer, no phone calls to take. Just me in my office with some music and I get to relax and work in peace.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
One way to deal with it is to do work on Sunday. I actually go into the office sometimes to ensure that my Monday morning goes smoothly. I have a bunch of projects to finish tomorrow, plus a meeting Downtown, plus some financial reports to complete, so it's best to do the tediius things when no one is around. No e-mails to answer, no phone calls to take. Just me in my office with some music and I get to relax and work in peace.
I go on Saturdays for a few hours every other week for four hours. I normally do an extra hour per day. The English/Irish singer Morrisey has a new song called " Spent the Day in Bed " whose lyrics so well capture the reprise a day off can have. Witb the commute, stress at work, and interpersonal issues can kill us prematurely.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:16 PM

On Mondays when off I might go to The Cathedral of St John the Divine and listen to a free organ recital for half hour. I then would go see a movie at the nearbye theatres on Broadway. Or take a long walk on Broadway and thru Riverside PK and eat at a West Side Restaurant. If not convince my wife to join me playing hookey and we lay in bed watching episodes of Snapped or Evil Lives Here and drink mimosas.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:21 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
I do a RemotePC session from home on Sunday AM for 45 mins. I run the reports that i need to send out on Monday AM. Answer some emails and put a time delay on it. I also put them on a delay delivery for Monday at 8 am so people are under the impression that i get there at 8 am. LOL...

I also hate the feeling of Sunday at 5pm since you know in a couple of hours you will have to go to sleep and do the Mon to Fri Rat Race.

I enjoy a nice Sunday AM workout session and then i chill at home if i don't have any planned.

Starting either Dec 18 or Jan 2019, my office will move to the Columbus circle area. A shorter commute for me and closer to my gym. I will also have the option of work from home every Friday. Hurrah for me!

Old 10-14-2018, 01:25 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
On Mondays when off I might go to The Cathedral of St John the Divine and listen to a free organ recital for half hour. I then would go see a movie at the nearbye theatres on Broadway. Or take a long walk on Broadway and thru Riverside PK and eat at a West Side Restaurant. If not convince my wife to join me playing hookey and we lay in bed watching episodes of Snapped or Evil Lives Here and drink mimosas.
Snapped??? Don't give your wife any ideas.. LOL.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:32 PM

[quote=Mr. Ryu;53362159]Snapped??? Don't give your wife any ideas.. LOL.[/QUOTEI I must enjoy other's tiddays with discretion.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:48 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Those of us fortunate to have good jobs may still feel a sense of unease, anxiety, or dread of Mondays. How do you guys manage that on Sunday nights ? If any of you guys take mental health days, whats your favorite activity and place to do it in the City ?

Just a thought.

Those fortunate enough to accumulate vacation ,sick days, lieu days and holidays can with the boss's permission break them up.

For example : Say one earns 4 weeks vacation " 20 days " 5 sickdays, 3 lieu days and 10 holidays for a total of 38 days.
With your boss's ok you can have 38 3 day weekends that will take care of those anxious feelings. Get my drift?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City