Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 05:55 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times

Advertisements

Everytime I vote, I get a card in the mail for jury duty a few months later...coincidence?!?! I think not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 08:48 PM

3,144 posts, read 2,735,240 times
Wasn't the Democrats who invited the damn Proud Boys. What cowards you conservatives are--can't even own up to what you're doing. As soon as the tide turns, you'll all be scampering to disassociate yourselves.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:04 AM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times
The left has this strange game going - built on years of college dominance - whenever they commit acts of violence against people they hate, they blame the mere presence of those people in front of their leftist eyes as justification for their violence.

No tide will turn. If the right ever decides to commit violence along the lines of recent leftist provocations, leftism in America would be wiped out in a matter of days.

The reason leftists hate guns so much is because they know they cannot trust their collective “safe space” needing psyche with such firepower.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-19-2018, 05:34 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Everytime I vote, I get a card in the mail for jury duty a few months later...coincidence?!?! I think not!

True, true!

One reason for the pathetic voting levels in this city is persons trying to avoid jury duty do everything they can to be "invisible".

Know persons who have lived on my block for ages but never registered to vote, haven't had their drivers license changed over to NYS (they keep going back to wherever they came from to renew), and so that goes.

Courts have other lists they can cull for names to send questionnaires for jury duty, but DMV and voting seem to be top choices. Know this because when get notices they are addressed either exactly as on my drivers license, or voter registration. And yes, it does always seem within a few months of voting I get a JD questionnaire in mail. Know soon as changed my drivers license from Staten Island to Manhattan address same thing happened.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:44 AM

192 posts, read 187,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The left has this strange game going - built on years of college dominance - whenever they commit acts of violence against people they hate, they blame the mere presence of those people in front of their leftist eyes as justification for their violence.

No tide will turn. If the right ever decides to commit violence along the lines of recent leftist provocations, leftism in America would be wiped out in a matter of days.

The reason leftists hate guns so much is because they know they cannot trust their collective “safe space†needing psyche with such firepower.
A person already died a year ago in a " Unite the RIGHT" rally by a right winger... what do you me by if the right ever??????

Old 10-19-2018, 10:34 AM

3,144 posts, read 2,735,240 times
"The left has this strange game going - built on years of college dominance - whenever they commit acts of violence against people they hate, they blame the mere presence of those people in front of their leftist eyes as justification for their violence."

Your president was on TV last night openly praising a would-be Congressman for physically assaulting a reporter.

We had a gang of Proud Boy thugs roaming the streets of NYC last week.

And, of course, as already noted above, Heather Heyer was murdered just over a year ago by a right-winger--it's only chance more people didn't die.

Every time someone comes, in any way, for the stuff your people took by violence, of course you start screaming about violence yourself. You all have bad consciences. You know you only have what you have because your ancestors stole it for you. You just can't admit it.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedThatApt View Post
A person already died a year ago in a " Unite the RIGHT" rally by a right winger... what do you me by if the right ever??????
There’s near daily leftist events in the news, the west coast is basically a foreign country controlled by roving mobs, a Black Lives Matter march ended with 6 dead cops, but hey you have your one example so I guess that’s all moot.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-19-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Every time someone comes, in any way, for the stuff your people took by violence, of course you start screaming about violence yourself. You all have bad consciences. You know you only have what you have because your ancestors stole it for you. You just can't admit it.
My ancestors were personally chased out of a Middle Eastern country by soldiers with pikes and guns only 107 years ago. Go bark up another tree with your ancient history excuse for leftist violence against innocent Americans.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:40 PM

425 posts, read 391,808 times
Pretty sure extremists for anything are pretty close minded and accordingly violent. They also get the slightly less extremists frothing at the mouth. Then they spew their vitriol on social media where the people that lean nod their head in agreement and or disgust.

Discussion and debate is almost all but dead because folks can retreat to their ideological safe spaces and feel backed by their social media army.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:19 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
I saw that mentioned, and I thought it may be kind of creepy.

I'm guessing that even if they don't say so, they're doing it because a study found that people are more likely to vote if they know their neighbors vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: