Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 11:08 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,865,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
👍🏽

Imma do the one in downtown Brooklyn one day
Why that one specifically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 11:31 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,232,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
How about the thousands of people that walked from Central America to the US border? Are those people not real? I see it in the newspaper. They certainly look real.

I guess NYC is just too far away for any of them to come here..... so we dont have to worry about it. Even if one made it here its not like they can reproduce here and exploit our resources or anything like that.....

That would be ignorgant...... righht
Huh? You don't even sound coherent. Who said anything about anything being real or not?

Old 12-07-2018, 12:45 PM

16,093 posts, read 6,863,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
����

Imma do the one in downtown Brooklyn one day
What are the prices downtown Brooklyn? If I were to guess they are thru the roof......
I just finished shopping at Walmart. Got even a better price on a gallon of milk.
$2.19 cents. Wow..................Love it. Everything else was meh........
As a matter of fact they seem to have the best prices on anything dairy. Woo Hoo......

Old 12-07-2018, 12:49 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,865,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
What are the prices downtown Brooklyn? If I were to guess they are thru the roof......
I just finished shopping at Walmart. Got even a better price on a gallon of milk.
$2.19 cents. Wow..................Love it. Everything else was meh........
As a matter of fact they seem to have the best prices on anything dairy. Woo Hoo......
I would take Target over Stop and Shop any day. The Stop and Shop in DT is across from Target. With the comparisons I've done, Target has always been cheaper.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:56 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,242,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosenza View Post
Agreed, but 4.49? Eating healthy is killing me.
There is nothing healthy about Iceberg lettuce. No nutritional value. You're better off replacing it with kale or spinach.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:05 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,303,192 times
Quote:
I am very suspicious of origins of purchases. I have stopped buying certain imported products
sticking only to European countries if not available in the U.S.A.
Whole Foods has been carrying all of this "Made in Mexico" organic produce. No thanks. I buy only "Made in USA" and organic for veggies and things like raspberries.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:20 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,897,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Why that one specifically?
aint none closer

Old 12-07-2018, 01:54 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,730,715 times
Quote:
Have you noticed the sudden spike in grocery prices ?
no, you?

But while you're going on a new thread starting tear I thought I'd pitch in more thread ideas:

"Have you noticed the change in cement color when they pour new sidewalks?"

"Buildings sure are tall these days, how does that affect everyone's mood"

"There are people from so many countries in NYC, does that make us the real United Nations for realz??"

"Apples are tougher to eat in New York, for Obvious reasons!"

Old 12-07-2018, 09:46 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Several weeks ago noticed prices at local RiteAid went up, then other places as well so began asking questions.

Bottom line is supermarkets and other retail/businesses are passing along the costs associated with New York's new higher minimum wage laws.

Went to get milk earlier this week where it was still $2.19/half gallon. Was informed the place will be raising their prices in coming weeks so it will be more than $3.00.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:56 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
And the "wall" was never meant to stop vegetables/food. The liberal media has really done a job on the simpleminded in this country, of which there are a lot of and growing.

Like I said, scary.
No, it was Fake FOX news who gave us our simple minded crooked president who is the laughing stock of the world. Wake up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: