Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:36 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I order them on heros when I'm drunk sometimes
Yeah me too, but even the hero is just not enough for me because they still shave off ingredients and it is sorta smallish. NYC makes small sandwiches. I want one just loaded with ingredients.

Come to think of it there is a late night bodega around the corner from MSG that serves up some big egg salad on heros. I mean it's so much that I have egg salad falling all over the streets and making a mess. It's pretty spectacular.... I will check to see if they will make chopped cheesy beef.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 09:43 AM

23 posts, read 47,094 times
Quote:
All I'm gonna say is: the interesting things about the NYC scene tend to not be the stereotypical/meme stuff that outsiders hear about.

Bacon egg and cheese is good (as long as they use real bacon) but I wouldn't get that every day either. That's not really an NYC thing though, it's popular throughout the tri state area.
Yeah, that would surely put your blood pressure in an uncomfortable place haha. With the BEC you are right it's served in every bodega/fast food place in the area mostly, but the joke growing up about it was it being the "Bronx breakfast" because it was one of the few breakfast sandwiches you could comfortably get under $3.00 with a drink right before school. It might still be the case today.

Old 08-12-2023, 11:38 AM

571 posts, read 275,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerNYC View Post
Agreed. Baconeggandcheese is more of all NYC thing. Real NYers know that chopped cheese is an uptown/Bronx thing while Baconeggandcheese is borough wide.
Baconeggandcheese Is honestly a nyc metro thing, not just the boros

Old 08-12-2023, 12:28 PM

313 posts, read 212,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiigner View Post
Baconeggandcheese Is honestly a nyc metro thing, not just the boros
Lol this is crazy that we had this conversation before..

Old 08-12-2023, 01:00 PM

571 posts, read 275,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerNYC View Post
Lol this is crazy that we had this conversation before..
Shows it’s a recurring topic and not a flash in the pan

Old 08-12-2023, 07:38 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
haajji on 110th & 1st is the original chopped cheese creator

Old 08-12-2023, 07:40 PM

293 posts, read 88,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Chopped Cheese is not a traditional NYC thing.

It was made up by people perpetuating the whole gentrification transplant thing, Bourdain helped

You ever heard of a deli food, that's not even ethnically based, that you can only get in some boroughs? Please.

I'll just order a cheeseburger and be done with it.
7 years ago. This dude was prescient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBVptNzeTOQ

Old 08-13-2023, 10:15 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,027,743 times
Controversial opinion:

Not bodega but Korean deli. The guy behind the counter is probably still Mexican anyway and knows how to make chopped cheese. At least in a Korean deli the place is cleaner than your average bodega which sells expired food and has pets roaming the aisles. Youll pay more but won't get food poisoning.

Old 08-13-2023, 12:27 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
Quote:
Agreed. Even in New York a Philly is superior
\

Ahh, a Pennsylvania Steak Sandwich, once available in most any bar for a BUCK. My childhood: "With hot peppers, please."

Old 08-19-2023, 01:44 PM

2,982 posts, read 1,165,090 times
My opinion mike's jersey subs makes a great philly sandwich sub I like thier others subs too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City