Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 10:42 AM

5,123 posts, read 4,971,177 times

Advertisements

I don't. I have been to none of these "best pizza places" as they were paid to rank...i have found quite a few terribly good places in Queens but none made it to this list:

These are New York City's best pizza restaurants

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/b...ity/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 10:53 AM

1,199 posts, read 725,230 times
I went to Roberta's when my friend was working in East Williamsburg. Not only do they take a long time to make it but the pizzas they gave us were tiny and flavorless. The place was packed wall to wall with yuppies and it was overpriced.

Next time we wanted pizza I walked down to the area by the projects and went to a normal, non renowned pizza parlor. Not only did it taste 100x better but it was cooked on time.

Last edited by fatsquirrel; 03-18-2019 at 11:01 AM..

Old 03-18-2019, 10:59 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Only one on the list I haven't tried is Beebe's, and I'll say that I enjoyed all those pizzas. However, I think there are pizzerias that are better than some of the ones mentioned on that list. Just off the top of my head, some perhaps more deserving pizzas are the cheese slice that Rosario's Deli has sometimes, the Rizzo's thin crust in Astoria, the upside sicilian at Rosa's Pizza in Ridgewood off of Fresh Pond Road, and the sicilian at l&b spumoni gardens.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 03-18-2019 at 11:11 AM..

Old 03-18-2019, 11:21 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
I went to Roberta's when my friend was working in East Williamsburg. Not only do they take a long time to make it but the pizzas they gave us were tiny and flavorless. The place was packed wall to wall with yuppies and it was overpriced.

Next time we wanted pizza I walked down to the area by the projects and went to a normal, non renowned pizza parlor. Not only did it taste 100x better but it was cooked on time.
Very well said! Whenever I want a good authentic slice of pizza, I go by the projects on Dyckman street in Inwood. That pizza is the best ever. No yuppies, no overpricing, and large slices.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-palace-new-york

Old 03-18-2019, 12:35 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Very well said! Whenever I want a good authentic slice of pizza, I go by the projects on Dyckman street in Inwood. That pizza is the best ever. No yuppies, no overpricing, and large slices.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-palace-new-york
I used to walk the mile or so to there for a slice or two and then walk back. Not the most efficient exercise regimen.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:28 AM

3 posts, read 2,316 times
i like papa jhons pizza and pepsi and juicy im moving real quick to supportive house the best ever like section 8 and housing lol

Old 03-20-2019, 09:17 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
I rate foods as quality//price.
By this standard the clear winners most all the time are the $.99 pizza joints. Only once have I had a near inedible bummer, on 37th and Eight. It was lying on display, obviously cold and dry. A couple seconds in the oven didn't do the trick...garbage. Last I checked I think they were gone.
When people aren't lined up for $.99 pizza, you KNOW you have hit a bummer.

Crowded places with pizzas coming out red hot every minute or two and immediately served are the best

Last edited by Kefir King; 03-20-2019 at 10:43 AM..

Old 03-20-2019, 09:45 PM

Some stranger left a rep and a picky comment “ you really couldn’t think of a specific title line?”...

Well, be it, thanks for the lol...

Old 03-20-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I rate foods as quality//price.
By this standard the clear winners most all the time are the $.99 pizza joints. Only once have I had a near inedible bummer, on 37th and Eight. It was lying on display, obviously cold and dry. A couple seconds in the oven didn't do the trick...garbage. Last I checked I think they were gone.
When people aren't lined up for $.99 pizza, you KNOW you have hit a bummer.

Crowded places with pizzas coming out red hot every minute or two and immediately served are the best
Mr kk, do yourself a favor, stop swallowing those 99cent apiece junk...it is cheap for a reason. They are literally a simple mix of dough with tomato sauce.
Venture out to queens for some real and affordable pizza, like the ones at romeo’s. https://www.allmenus.com/ny/fresh-me...eos-pizza/amp/

Old 03-21-2019, 06:32 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Mr kk, do yourself a favor, stop swallowing those 99cent apiece junk...it is cheap for a reason. They are literally a simple mix of dough with tomato sauce.
Venture out to queens for some real and affordable pizza, like the ones at romeo’s. https://www.allmenus.com/ny/fresh-me...eos-pizza/amp/

And that is the very definition of PIZZA. exactly what it should be. You expect me to go from the UES to Fresh Meadows for a slice of pizza?
People in my building have a steady stream of Delizia pizza coming in (corner of 92nd and Second.) thought there MUST be something to it, so I told partner we should try it. Pepperoni was $16.95 <not sold by the slice> and far inferior to any $.99 slice. We had a Papa John's in 91st fail (God awful pizza.) Domino's on THird went under, and the latest, evev RAY'S at 94th and Second (good Pizza but $2.75 plain, GREAT lasagna) failed the First of the year. They were a neighborhood fixture fixture.

So now we are stuck with the expensive but decidedly UNdelicious DELIZIA.
There WAS a $.99 joint on 86th just West of First but they failed a couple years ago in spite of a very tasty pie.

Oh, Nick'ss on 94th and Second sells a lot of Pizza but more like in a sit-down dinner setting and $20 plain pies. When we went there we ordered the family style Italian entrees, like veal Milanese, CHicken Francese and eggplant, never pizza

I guess commercial rents are the killer up here. Additionally, blocks are being bought up, leases are expired and up goes another 45 story housing tower.

Last edited by Kefir King; 03-21-2019 at 06:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: