Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2019, 11:42 AM

1,199 posts, read 725,492 times

Advertisements

What are your favorite venues in Harlem, the South Bronx, East Midtown and the Upper East Side that pay the most money to rock bands and permits CDs to be sold inside without a merch fee.

The band in question sounds like Guns n Roses and Motley Crue mixed with Nintendo, and its lyrics are inspired by authors like J.R.R. Tolkien, Isaac Asimov and Ayn Rand.

Last edited by fatsquirrel; 03-22-2019 at 11:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 12:21 PM

192 posts, read 118,561 times
There is a need of places that can host live rock bands uptown, but there are some places.

The Shrine
Silvana
Grill on the hill had/has an stage
Harlem Nights
Bierstrasse
Harlem Tavern
Dino BBQ (Friday and sat)

PLACES THAT PAY ? jajaja good luck with that one.

Last edited by Snapshoot; 04-05-2019 at 12:42 PM..

Old 04-05-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
There is a need of places that can host live rock bands uptown, but there are some places.

The Shrine
Silvana
Grill on the hill had/has an stage
Harlem Nights
Bierstrasse
Harlem Tavern
Dino BBQ (Friday and sat)

PLACES THAT PAY ? jajaja good luck with that one.
Ok I didn't know Harlem Nights and Harlem Tavern were open to that genre. Putting them on my list... After all there was a rap show at Symphony Space.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:08 PM

192 posts, read 118,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Ok I didn't know Harlem Nights and Harlem Tavern were open to that genre. Putting them on my list... After all there was a rap show at Symphony Space.
if you wanna make money, open a venue for rock and dance. we have enough bars/restaurants uptown , but not venues/dance places.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshoot View Post
if you wanna make money, open a venue for rock and dance. we have enough bars/restaurants uptown , but not venues/dance places.
I wonder if a promoter can convert some of the bars by putting in a PA system. This is a project I may want to work on. Hopefully the Harlem metal scene will increase.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:01 PM

264 posts, read 136,827 times
Quote:
I wonder if a promoter can convert some of the bars by putting in a PA system. This is a project I may want to work on. Hopefully the Harlem metal scene will increase.
keep me in the loop, I live in Harlem and i like metal.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:36 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,602,552 times
Brooklyn is better for hard rock/heavy metal in my opinion

Old 04-30-2019, 02:34 PM

10 posts, read 10,815 times
There are a couple of great venues in Queens that host good local rock/metal and punk bands. I would suggest Gussy's or Shillegah in Astoria or McGuire's in Woodside, Queens.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesman0715 View Post
There are a couple of great venues in Queens that host good local rock/metal and punk bands. I would suggest Gussy's or Shillegah in Astoria or McGuire's in Woodside, Queens.
Now I'm willing to go to Queens before I go to Brooklyn because I go to Flushing from time to time on the 44 bus from the Bronx. I am trying to colonize the Bronx venues with metal. But honestly the venues I been to like El Pancho and Pistas Bandas Unidas are far af and I have to take a train from the bus. I ain't been to Metal Kingdom since they moved out of Queens.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:53 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,602,552 times
Quote:
Now I'm willing to go to Queens before I go to Brooklyn because I go to Flushing from time to time on the 44 bus from the Bronx. I am trying to colonize the Bronx venues with metal. But honestly the venues I been to like El Pancho and Pistas Bandas Unidas are far af and I have to take a train from the bus. I ain't been to Metal Kingdom since they moved out of Queens.
I wouldn't go looking in neighborhoods where these genres aren't particular popular (like most of The Bronx)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City