Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 08:56 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc2222 View Post
I lived a couple blocks away from there until 2015 and never felt unsafe, but based on this article it sounds like it declined dramatically over the past 3.5 years. I passed through in the afternoon a few months ago and the vibe was different, but I thought it was the circumstances of the day and not the new normal.
Things can change randomly but Bill de Blasio’s lax police policies are coming home to roost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 08:08 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,047,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm not in Harlem as much as I used to be, but last time I was on Lenox and 111th there was a couple of disheveled people sleeping on stoops in the middle of the afternoon, this was at least 10 years ago

So around there has always been a little scummy to me
That block has been a drug market forever. I've always said this are was bad. High crime rates, and from personal experience. If this is by MLK towers then it's the worst part of the 28th precinct (along with W 125th).

Old 03-26-2019, 10:18 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
That block has been a drug market forever. I've always said this are was bad. High crime rates, and from personal experience. If this is by MLK towers then it's the worst part of the 28th precinct (along with W 125th).
It's not far

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-26-2019, 12:17 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
they are bothering the people who pay a premium to live in Manhattan

You know and I know and everyone knows, that's not REALLY Manhattan.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:21 PM

We have an "epidemic" when a politician DECLARES an epidemic. Whether one exists or not is up for grabs. If enough people and media accept the terminology, then it is called an epidemic.

What we have is an epidemic of PEOPLE. See if the media picks up on that.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:57 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
The NYTimes is a centrist media company in that it’s a Clinton and Obama fan newspaper. A left-wing newspaper would be one that leans Bernie and moves leftward. Most actual leftists have no affinity for the Times or any wealthy liberal publication.
Dude, if you are not crushing a crack baby's skull under your boot while retrieving a good ol' American greenback from its unrightful place in an AIDS-ridden, heroin addicted beggar's change cup to return it to its rightful place in the red-blooded American's exchange of consumer services, then you are a goddamned red-communist, LGBT+ sympathizing pinko, and I... I... I just don't know what to tell you except cut yer hair and get a job you soy boy, trans-sympathizing Marxist piece of trash. Move to Venezuela or Norway where your kind can eat the dead while supplicating before the tomb of Che Guevara.

/s in case it isn't obvious :-)

Old 03-28-2019, 08:17 AM

I just don't know what to tell you except cut yer hair and get a job

Is that quote directy from ALL IN THE FAMILY?

Old 03-28-2019, 03:21 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,538,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayona View Post
That spot is absolutely dreadful and I knew exactly where they were talking about as soon as I read the headline.

I'm no BdB fan but I fail to see how it is his fault that the local police precinct doesn't patrol that location more regularly. It should be a beat to walk up and down 110th, crossing back and forth from the park to the buildings. And the police should be doing that whether or not they like the mayor or the judges or the community they police. It's their job.
Everything that happens in the city is directly, or indirectly his responsibility. Maybe if he spent less time running around the globe telling lies and actually did the job that taxpayers pay him to do then we would have fewer of these problems.

Another problem area is Lex/125 by the #4/5/6 train. And yet another at 149/3rd in the Bronx by the 2/5.

I bet if there is a spike in crime that coincides with DB's job search he will suddenly give it some attention.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:54 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
The show doesn't stop

https://newyorkyimby.com/2019/04/lev...th-harlem.html

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-05-2019, 02:02 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I've been watching them build that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City