Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 08:08 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times

Advertisements

What is it? Something in the water? People seem to be losing their GD minds.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...4iq-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 08:37 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Oh my goodness this is horrible.
They talk about taking away guns, well maybe they should take away axes and machetes then too.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:11 PM

3,140 posts, read 2,735,240 times
It's genuinely weird that machete possession is legal in NY except when you possess it with intent to hurt somebody.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:22 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
It's genuinely weird that machete possession is legal in NY except when you possess it with intent to hurt somebody.
Why?

I have a machete. I use it to chop plants by my house.

No item is inherently evil. They are used by humans with evil intent.

And what’s up with leaving your kid to hail an uber? Mother of the year right there...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-20-2019, 10:46 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,577,158 times
This is crazy....That’s why don’t hang out with too many people so called “friend”. You can never know when you may become the next target.

Old 04-21-2019, 01:04 AM

There are plenty of humans with evil intent, so items whose primary purpose is inflicting harm on others are good candidates for regulation. Machetes don't have feelings to hurt or rights to violate. There are uses for knifes with blades more than four inches, but you can't take those into any public place, either.

Old 04-21-2019, 01:13 AM

But, yeah, ladies, you cannot be around women with physically abusive boyfriends. It's not safe. It's sad, because it can be very difficult for a victim of domestic violence to get out of that situation, but nonetheless their physical presence endangers you. I can't imagine the kind of foolishness that would lead you to take your small child over to the apartment of someone whose boyfriend recently stabbed her (!) and was still on the street. That bothers me a lot more than her actions after the attack, when she had a serious head injury and probably wasn't thinking clearly at all.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:29 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
But, yeah, ladies, you cannot be around women with physically abusive boyfriends. It's not safe. It's sad, because it can be very difficult for a victim of domestic violence to get out of that situation, but nonetheless their physical presence endangers you. I can't imagine the kind of foolishness that would lead you to take your small child over to the apartment of someone whose boyfriend recently stabbed her (!) and was still on the street. That bothers me a lot more than her actions after the attack, when she had a serious head injury and probably wasn't thinking clearly at all.

Can't really say that; in many instances a female's best GF is all she's got. Lots of females will go to the mat for their "girl"; especially if they have grown up together and or otherwise are tight.

Females bond differently than males, maybe it is the whole gender, pregnancy thing; but they do tend to stay tight as opposed to most male relationships.

Besides given events of past several months you really just don't know when or who is going to act a fool. Could be while at a friend's house, while you're walking down the street, and or riding mass transit.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:52 AM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Maybe our democrat judges should put people in jail when they stab people.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-21-2019, 06:21 AM

2,718 posts, read 5,359,544 times
Quote:
Based on the "Neighbors say they fought all the time," comments, my take on this is that the woman who was injured and went out to hail the cab is the girlfriend of that psychotic maniac and mother of the child and this occurred in her apartment. The one who was killed was likely the visitor.

This is just horrific. I do have a question out of curiosity: Are Uber cars identifiable? I didn't think you could hail an Uber on the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City