Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 04:55 PM

6 posts, read 3,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Never rent out to Section 8 people. Ever.

Its NOT the programs all the time its the "type of people" 99% of the time. Good landlords have tenants to fill out applications, provide OWN LEASE so you will know something about the tenants. Its the owners responsibility to know what and who you are getting to live in your home or you won't have a house. ALL ASSETS OWNERS KNOW THIS. .

Last edited by LANDLORDS; 07-22-2019 at 05:04 PM..

Old 02-26-2021, 08:43 AM

9 posts, read 22,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Don't rent to these type of trashy people no matter how much money the City throws in your face. It's bait to entice you to rent to ghetto hoodrats who have no filter and are very disrespectful. Look at the headache and grief she's giving you. Not worth getting an extra $100-$200 a month in rent.

Rent to regular working folk without programs who make minimum 40x the monthly rent.
So everybody that has this program is a hoodrat.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:13 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
As a landlord I would never seek out section 8 tenants.

I have never had an issue evicting because the last months check and security deposit was forfeited
Just so you know, Donald Trump made the same comment and he was accused of racism by the department of Justice.

Old 02-26-2021, 06:22 PM

870 posts, read 414,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORDS View Post
Its NOT the programs all the time its the "type of people" 99% of the time. Good landlords have tenants to fill out applications, provide OWN LEASE so you will know something about the tenants. Its the owners responsibility to know what and who you are getting to live in your home or you won't have a house. ALL ASSETS OWNERS KNOW THIS. .
Yes, absolutely, BUT by renting to people on programs, you expose yourself to a higher risk of such behaviors due to the necessity of being on a voucher, AND NYS/NYC regulations that will always protect tenants on programs, regardless of the fact that their negligence and non-payment comes from mental issues, real financial issues, or, as it seems to be the case in your situation, absolute garbage individuals. This, all in all will make it much more difficult to get rid of them and you will pay the cost (no pun intended).

I've been through this without any program, so true indeed it is not the programs, but facts don't lie and from Realtors I know (who had section 8 tenants and warned me not to get into it because going through it themselves)and, having worked along the City's social services, what I factually observed, I knew I would never ever accept any type of such tenant.

So yes some people are needy and respectful, but at the end of the day, I'm not Mother Theresa, and the purpose of me renting out is to fill up my bank account, not to run a non-profit charity.

Now I see and can understand that the comments you are responding to anger you, but this is the sad reality my friend, politically correct doesn't pay. Facts are facts and like they say "Facts don't care about your feelings".

Have a wonderful evening.

Old 02-26-2021, 06:28 PM

870 posts, read 414,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Just so you know, Donald Trump made the same comment and he was accused of racism by the department of Justice.
That's implying that only non-whites are on Section 8.

I am no fan of Trump (neither am I a hater though), but being a pure anti-BS person, that accusation in itself is offensive, demeaning and racist.

Whoever made that statement towards Trump literally implied that non-whites basically cannot be rich, cannot have access to private housing, and always had and always will depend on such programs.
As a technically non-white person, like they say "I'm offended".

Old 02-27-2021, 04:46 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Oh please. You people make me sick. If you made renovations to your apartment and didn’t charge sky high rents, you wouldn’t have to take people on programs. Look for market rate people that WORK, not people on programs.
Response: Opinion

Market rate people that work is not a 100% guarantee.

It is a personal decision one makes to pay rent.

No tickee .....no shirtee............ I side with the Landlord.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:49 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Never rent out to Section 8 people. Ever.
Response: Opinion

The truth always hurts................................sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: