Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 04:21 PM

19,070 posts, read 14,002,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
And innocent African Americans are associated with the riffraff of the African American Community.
There will always be fools who conflate good people with the bad examples they happen to share physical features with. These people are just as dangerous as those who will no longer allow us to punish criminals properly under the guise of the nefarious plan to label all law enforcement activities as racist.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 07:01 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,527,934 times
Quote:
And innocent African Americans are associated with the riffraff of the African American Community.
The truly bigoted ones will do so purely on skin color.
I personally base it on a host of factors.. Gait, attire, body language, speech...
To ignore statistics and instincts would be foolish.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:09 PM

81 posts, read 47,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
The truly bigoted ones will do so purely on skin color.
I personally base it on a host of factors.. Gait, attire, body language, speech...
To ignore statistics and instincts would be foolish.
Wealthy black business people and professionals hate the criminals, we just don't agree with the Irish and Italian police ways of handling them, we don't agree that you need to pull a Nazi Germany on them,
There are smarter ways to deal with them like starving them out

Old 09-02-2019, 09:38 PM

62 posts, read 35,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
There's no reason to explain anything to that poster, other than that they cannot afford to live somewhere more homogenous! Time to stop with the fake coddling on here.

Wrong assumption. There's nothing fake in reality. Just look at the news in the last few days that the media decide to show.

Quote:

Funny from mainstream media, I would think they're protected class. The news media refuse to describe race when a crime is committed.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:21 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,703,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
And when you see "shooting, 20 dead" what race do you think?

Should every white male who is under 30 be stereotypes because of the increasing frequency of this. And yes it is beginning to impact because now several countries have travel advisories against the USA because of the high frequency of these events.
Whites have the privilege of not being judged by the worst of their group.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinNY View Post
Wrong assumption. There's nothing fake in reality. Just look at the news in the last few days that the media decide to show.

Funny from mainstream media, I would think they're protected class. The news media refuse to describe race when a crime is committed.
The use of the race of a suspect when a crime was committed originally began in the San Francisco Bay Area I believe around the 1980s or 90s I think or something like that. I still see news media at the local level using race when describing suspects.

Blacks have never been a protected class. There are is a lot of work out there on how early criminalogists used correlations of race to levels criminality. So early studies of crime and how they came to be were pretty racist.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussiaRussiaRussia View Post
This was just another Thursday back in the 80s when I was growing up in Queens! And you wonder why a 12 year old white kid in 1985, who then became a cop let's say in the 2000's, would police these neighborhood savages hard.
You’re ignoring the white kid who is bullied by other white kids, who shoots up public places which is often more likely to happen.

People who are bullied CAN have severe developmental and emotional issues so perhaps that’s where we can agree.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke of Mastic View Post
NYC statistics tell me it would most likely be a black male. Maybe Hispanic male, but they are less likely to shoot up a summer BBQ, which is where most NYC mass shootings take place. But not by a whiteboi sounding one like yourself, so no one would stereotype you as a mass shooter.
Statistics would show that its a very high chance the person is also someone from a low income neighborhood, in their 20s or a young adult, sometimes teens, a gang affiliated person, a street drug dealer or petty criminal, possibly unemployed or underemployed. So being black or Latino, or a person’s race is only one factor in “statistics.”

When shootings happen in the hood, the local people aren’t stupid. They often do know exactly the type they’re dealing with.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:52 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
Quote:
This is not the culture of the vast majority of African Americans
I hear that defense used so much about many different people it comes up especially in the school it is fast and strong defense for bad behavior
What needs to happen is this vast majority of good people need to stand up and confront the bad people that are standing in front of them doing the bad stuff to make them look bad and stop shaming the victims for putting them in a negative light

Old 09-02-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I hear that defense used so much about many different people it comes up especially in the school it is fast and strong defense for bad behavior
What needs to happen is this vast majority of good people need to stand up and confront the bad people that are standing in front of them doing the bad stuff to make them look bad and stop shaming the victims for putting them in a negative light
The sad truth is that the vast majority of people who don’t engage in “bad behavior” can’t stop the ones who do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City